Glove-box grab bar? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

4x4CPOSEADOG said:
Motoomi,

I got the bar and the side markers. Wow! that was fast dude:beer: . Next will be Noselda roof racks and license plate relocator. Thanks.

Noel,

I'm glad that yours arrived w/o any issues, too (either?)

Let me know if/when you are ready for more!;)

Thanks again, Noel!

Yours,

Mot:)

Mot, I got the bar today, and hope to get it in tomorrow.
Thanks for all the help

Mot just to let you know not good news for me :frown:

Label/Receipt Number: EI62 *** 932J P

Your item was forwarded to a different address at 10:40 am on February 02, 2006 in LOS ANGELES, CA 90021. This was because of forwarding instructions or because the address or ZIP Code on the label was incorrect. Information, if available, is updated every evening. Please check again later.

I guess you put wrong zip code, supposedly 91776 but you wrote my work office zip code 90021 instead. Bad impression :flipoff2: we'll see hopefully i get it this Saturday.Once again Mot :flipoff2:

LX_TREME said:
Mot just to let you know not good news for me :frown:

Label/Receipt Number: EI62 *** 932J P

Your item was forwarded to a different address at 10:40 am on February 02, 2006 in LOS ANGELES, CA 90021. This was because of forwarding instructions or because the address or ZIP Code on the label was incorrect. Information, if available, is updated every evening. Please check again later.

I guess you put wrong zip code, supposedly 91776 but you wrote my work office zip code 90021 instead. Bad impression :flipoff2: we'll see hopefully i get it this Saturday.Once again Mot :flipoff2:

Harry,

I'm sorry to hear that the zip code was filled out wrong. I know that you have sent me your shipping information several times after you had sent it to me initially.

Before I started apologizing profusely I thought I would check our PM correspondence . Below is a copy of your PM that you sent me on Dec. 22 which I had used the contact info. in/from it to fill out your airway bill:

Re: Glove Bar / Grip Assy

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mot,

If you going to ship it via EMS, please change my shipping address:

HARRY XXXXXXX
"Your home street address here", CA 90021
CALIFORNIA- USA
Same phone number X XXX XXX XXXX.

I have bad experience in the past with EMS, since the company i work occcupied more than 2000peoples all the Postal service package they deliver to wrong department.(long story, Mot) Anyway Mot, please ship it to the address above and please one more time, PM me the EMS tracking number later.

Arigato
Konbawa

Harry

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyway, I have now checked the address/info. you had given me after the above PM and those did indeed have the "correct" zip code. But again, unfortunately, I did not assume that you would, by mistake, put a different zip code so I failed to catch it after I had already put your home address info into my database.

I hope you would not hold that against me!

Again I'm sorry that this has happened.

Sincerely,

Mot

Last edited:
fatfish said:

Mot, I got the bar today, and hope to get it in tomorrow.
Thanks for all the help

Fat,

I'm starting to appreciate the simple things in life of just having the right package arriving at the right place, in one piece.

Glad to know that yours got there no problem.

I need to get a bite to eat for lunch! (almost 1:00pm here;) )

Thanks again! :beer: (Root beer float)

Mot

valkyrie610 said:
Mot, got it today in perfect condition... you absolutely rock!

Thanks, Chris!

It was my pleasure!!

Mot :)

Mot, thanks again! :cool:
grabhandle_installed.jpg

Installed today, Mot...you ROCK!!! Also put those reclining rear hinges in, took 5 mins per side and the car-seat fits MUCH better!

Thanks!

Hey Todd,

Almost forgot about you and your stuff!

Glad to hear that you got them and that the install had gone smoothly.

Even better to hear that you like the reclining hinges!!! :crybaby:

And finally, thank for your compliment and also going through and taking a chance on me!

Yours sincerely,

Mot

Mot, I just saw this post and I know that its from a long time ago, but in one of your pictures you have a cup holder that fits into an otherwise useless hole in my dashboard. Do you have a line on those or do you happen to know the part number for that cup holder? Those grab bars are cool too. If you still have any laying around, I'd like to know.

Thanks. Chris

Chris,

Is it the OEM cup holder that was not available in the US or something aftermarket?

If you can give me that post number of the exact pic, I would be able to answer it better.

THANKS!

Mot

:cheers: Thanks for waiting...... :rolleyes: :D

You guys owe me a few caffeine-free Diet Coke's for this. :flipoff2:

The "instrument assist grip" for '90-'95(Jan) in bluish-gray trim1 is: 74670-60020-03

And whatever the "sable" trim 4 is: 74670-60020-06

And for '95-96 (Aug) in "bluish-gray" is: 74670-60040-B0

And for "oak" is: 74670-60040-E0

But the post '95 models in the US came equipped with dual airbags, so the latter two numbers are not any good for you guys (some didn't in Japan, hence still the grab bars).

And I don't know what the "sable" color is, but that was the only one available, except the "bluish-gray" color. Could it be "oak"?

Anyway, hope let me know if you are (un)able to get it from your local Toyota dealer (good luck) or CDan.

Yours truly,

Mot :cheers:

Hello Mot - For a blast from the past here... I'm interested in doing the grab bar mod to my '97 80 and am curious if the 'oak' colored bars are still available in your part of the world. Cruiser Dan has them here in the US as painted gray ones, but I thought I'd check in with you after reading all 16 pages of this thread since you seem like the man that would know.
Thanks - Bud

I'm 16 years late to this party...if you're still around or have instructions on mounting the grab bar, I'd love to know how. I have a US 1997 with the airbag. My dad's 40/60 series had the bar when I was a little kid back in the 80's and I'd love to add one to my 80 series now.

Thanks in advance!

I'm 16 years late to this party...if you're still around or have instructions on mounting the grab bar, I'd love to know how. I have a US 1997 with the airbag. My dad's 40/60 series had the bar when I was a little kid back in the 80's and I'd love to add one to my 80 series now.

Thanks in advance!
still around... heck, more than ever. what do you want to know? iirc all it took was removing the tube that feeds air to the PS vent, then reaching up and feeling for that plate, finding the threaded hole. Then stabbing the dash from the front and hoping to hit the hole. you have +/- .5" or so if you don't get it right. the pics should all be here though.

edit: I believe this is the thread you are looking for grab bar install - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/grab-bar-install.69210/page-2#post-922494

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom