Gauging interest in SCS F-5 Wheels in new 17x9 size (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

So here's a odd turn:

It seems like it's @HDJDub 's 80 (?!?!)

I texted my buddy I ride with/is planning on buying an 80 soon & he sent me the CL ad link -

80 Series Landcruiser Aftermarket Parts

It looks like his 80, and the location fits, plus I looked & he's been off Mud since ~month ago, and ad is near that in age. May not be him, IDK.

The ask $$$ for them is way more than I want to pay, I'll do the 17x8 version of the TRD 4runner wheels/ new Goodyear/BFG rubber for that range.

All yours @NateMob, I'm 100% out.

If you get back on @HDJDub , let us know if that was you, the bumper & acc parts in pics seem unique to your 80, -bummer if it was yours & it's wrecked.

Bizarre! I actually messaged him on IG days after the rollover tragedy happened and he said he was planning to keep them for his next project, maybe he changed his mind. Either way, I'd only be interested in the wheels since i have brand new 35s sitting in the garage waiting on my lift to go on.

@LINUS Thank you for following up with me!

I finally got some proper photos take of the setup.

2qxm44j.jpg

I got my front spring spacers installed over the weekend (after these photos will be taken) so I'll have to get some when it's not stinkbugging quite so hard.

I am looking to get a set of these for 37x12.5s, BFG AT or similar. Those with 37s, do you get any rubbing on the radius arms at full steering lock?

Thanks

I am in for 5, either Gunmetal or Bronze. Is there anyway to get the back spacing without using spacers? How long until they will be done. I have some 16" KM2's I need to ware out first.

I am v interested in a set as well..

I am v interested in a set as well..
I am in for 5, either Gunmetal or Bronze. Is there anyway to get the back spacing without using spacers? How long until they will be done. I have some 16" KM2's I need to ware out first.

This group buy ended a while ago. Have you gone to the Stealth Custom website? I think they now offer a regular
run on larger more Land Cruiser friendly sizes and backspaces. If you email Vin@StealthCustom he will be able to
help you out I'm sure. My dealing were positive and the fit and finish of these wheels is absolutely the best.

This group buy ended a while ago. Have you gone to the Stealth Custom website? I think they now offer a regular
run on larger more Land Cruiser friendly sizes and backspaces. If you email Vin@StealthCustom he will be able to
help you out I'm sure. My dealing were positive and the fit and finish of these wheels is absolutely the best.
Yeah I noticed the date soon after I posted my comment. Slightly embarrassed. Thanks for the reply

I should post of a few pics of my 17x9's in this thread too. Have had them on for about a month now. Sent them to OMF Performance for a beadlock conversion and then mounted them with 37 x 13.5 Maxxis Trepadors in bias ply. No rubbing on the radius arms and they seem to stuff ok too but I have not had a chance to fully flex everything yet. I do have 4" bumpstops in the back. I did have to sawzall a small area (see red) to keep the tire from rubbing the rear part of the wheel well at full lock. This worked out because I always seem to get tall, skinny rocks or 6" tree branches to smash this area as they are big enough to cause some damage but small enough to slip in between the leading edge of the slider and the tire.

40443479072_c120681107_b.jpg

40443475782_d14db558fc_b.jpg

Pretty interesting beadlocks. Fairly fancy wheel for that, no? They do look
good though.

Yeah I noticed the date soon after I posted my comment. Slightly embarrassed. Thanks for the reply
No big deal. The price we got wasn’t so much cheaper as trying to encourage the interest in the sizes.
Pushing for old school backspace per new school sizes.

Which is the correct back spacing for our 80's? I see they have two 17" options on the website.

17x8.5 with BS of 4.3" Offset of -10mm
17 x 9 with Bs of 3.5" Offset of -38mm

I need to replace the 17" seqouia/tundra wheels and spacers that my 37's are on with wheels that dont need spacers.

I may have a set of 16x8 for sale. I bought them new when they released new inventory in March and they're sitting in the box unopened. If my steel wheels fit, I'll sell the SCS.

Stealth Custom Series F5 wheel, 16x8", 6-139.7mm, Matte Jet Black (-25mm)

PM me for price. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom