Garage paint job on a budget... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Too bad your so far away.......I ventured out in the country last Saturday........and visited a guy with 21 of them....probably 19 basket cases!

you must have went to Athens...........:eek::eek:

also your body work and paint job looks GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!! 500 is so cheap for a paint job,,,,,,,,,

also your body work and paint job looks GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!! 500 is so cheap for a paint job,,,,,,,,,[/QUOTE]
Thanks again. I am glad I did it. I have some things, of course, that I would do differently. All in all I am stoked on the way it turned out. :cheers:

I was working on my tailgates today and decided to let you know what I found... When I originally painted my firewall it was covered in grease and 40 yr old paint. A buddy of mine told me to spray some Easy-off heavy duty on the grease to clean it off. Quick and easy he said. Well after about a half an hour I went to hose the grease off and it took almost all the paint off down to bare metal!:eek: Lesson learned! This stuff eats paint! Back to the tail-gate... I had them sandblasted and had some body work to do on them so I decided to clean off the over spray on them with Easy-off. Let em sit with it on em for better part of an hour then went to check and the Valspar paint held up!!:bounce: This tells me it is fairly strong stuff!! Thought you guys would enjoy that little gem!:cheers:

Got some pics for the lurkers!
029.jpg
031.jpg
036.jpg

Great paint job! Hope mine comes out half that good next month.

Thanks guys! More than anything I am just having fun driving the thing! Workin graveyard tonight and was wore out in a bad mood till I took my wife to the store in it... amazin how something so simple as a drive to the store can really put your mind right! I really love this thing!

Looks great!

Was wondering if you could post a couple close up pictures of your dash. Looks like a cool set up and I wouldn't mind getting some ideas.

I'm originally from Salem, OR. I heard it's been getting pretty hot up there!

Looks really good. I painted my 40 w/ a HF HVLP gun too. I hated the whole paint / body work stage but it sure is rewarding after it is all done. Looks like you took your time and it shows!

Congrats!

Nick

also your body work and paint job looks GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!! 500 is so cheap for a paint job,,,,,,,,,
Thanks again. I am glad I did it. I have some things, of course, that I would do differently. All in all I am stoked on the way it turned out. :cheers:[/QUOTE]

great looking 40 and nice job on the paint. I have been looking into the Valspar as well. So what would you "do differently"?

clint

awesome

Thanks again. I am glad I did it. I have some things, of course, that I would do differently. All in all I am stoked on the way it turned out. :cheers:

great looking 40 and nice job on the paint. I have been looking into the Valspar as well. So what would you "do differently"?

clint[/QUOTE]
So far I am really happy with the Valspar paint I used. On the do it differently question I would do more body work... That being said I thought I had it straight as an arrow... The problem with painting your own rig is that you know exactly what corners you may have cut and those cut corners show up as soon as you get done spraying your color!! :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom