Ga. Cruisers Chat Thread (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

He doesn't have a valid point. Something like 350k cars pass through the connector every day. So .00005% chance your car will be shot at. Exponentially lower if you don't act like an idiot and road rage. Also, Atlanta never defunded their police. If you shoot someone in the back when they run away, you should be held accountable. Lets let the court system make that decision. Shootings are up, agreed. Damn near every incident is amongst known parties so don't join a gang, don't sell drugs to people you don't trust, and don't pick fights with people that have guns.

If you're scared of the city, don't come here. Atlanta is a great place and is thriving.

If you aren't scarerd, come to Steady Hand Brewing this Saturday from 1-5pm for Ales and Overland or whatever they call it. Always a good time!

Atlanta never defunded the police, but they now have a no chase policy and are down over 400 officers. Some of those shootings are among known parties. Not all. About 2 years ago a guy on another board I was on was driving on I-20 and took a round through the back of his Camry that went through the trunk and hit him in the back. Not life threatening but a random shooting on I-20 on the west side. It will hurt the city long term if they don't work on reducing it. If you want to have fun. Go to HeyJackass and read the Chicago shooting stats. It is safer for an American in the middle east than in Chicago. Almost no police shootings either. And they solve under 20% of all shootings. I don't mind most of Atlanta. I would love to visit your beer event except I have an appointment to look at a potential new house and some dirt. Also I just discovered the thread about adding a ballistic panel to the Land Cruiser. I have to leave the office but now have to read it later. I used to manage the fleet for an armored car company. I am sure this is a fun discussion

Last edited:
Just did Flatland road for the first time in the wet this weekend. Solo naturally. Wasn’t that bad really but I should have definitely had my cooler tied down. Probably my dog too! Lots of fun and no need for a winch this time. My half finished front bumper did take a good scrape but no panel damage! Even with a foot of unsupported tube sticking out! Good ole 4130. The body cladding was clearly dragged as well. Spent the weekend finding waterfalls on the map then driving and bushwhacking to them with my pup!
68AE6427-6BF6-4DD8-9FF6-CA80AD8856B3.jpeg
F75711DA-A16D-4586-8698-610060060249.jpeg

Hey guys! Any plans to get together soon? I’d love to connect with some TLC folks.

Didn’t this group use to meet at Fuduckers at North Point?

MM

Alpharetta is about an hours drive for me and not in Atlanta so depending on my plans it’s a doable location for me.

Any you F’ers live in or close to Yatesville? Lord please don’t let it be @tgreco, I’m begging you.:flipoff2:
The devil is thinking about coming back to GA. I leave for just 40 years and everything goes to hell.

Well life happens and before you know it time has flown by :)

Let's try a meet up sometime in the new year... maybe Jan 14th or 21?

I am off next week and going to head up to North Ga and ride some easy trails in my 200 if anyone is interested?? Nothing hard core, just cruising some old dirt roads. I thinking any day except Monday.

MM

@FJCRAWLER

Ha! Where have you been hiding?

I’m not familiar with Yatesville specifically, but you’ll probably hear mixed things about the general area. My general impressions of the area are: not too much development, tons of pine trees, hot as ballz in the summer, and probably lower than average income / demographic population. I drive through there occasionally for work and generally am not inclined to stop anywhere.

If you recently made amends with the lord over how many times you cursed Brandon, it’d be a good place to lay low - nobody is gonna come looking for you there :flipoff2:

And don’t worry, I’m about 1.5 hrs from there but there isn’t much to draw me that direction, until now…

Any you F’ers live in or close to Yatesville? Lord please don’t let it be @tgreco, I’m begging you.:flipoff2:
The devil is thinking about coming back to GA. I leave for just 40 years and everything goes to hell.
Frequent Thomaston visitor checking in. My fathers side of the family has been there for literally hundreds of years and my wife and kids and I camp down there on the Flint many times a year.

@FJCRAWLER

Ha! Where have you been hiding?

I’m not familiar with Yatesville specifically, but you’ll probably hear mixed things about the general area. My general impressions of the area are: not too much development, tons of pine trees, hot as ballz in the summer, and probably lower than average income / demographic population. I drive through there occasionally for work and generally am not inclined to stop anywhere.

If you recently made amends with the lord over how many times you cursed Brandon, it’d be a good place to lay low - nobody is gonna come looking for you there :flipoff2:

And don’t worry, I’m about 1.5 hrs from there but there isn’t much to draw me that direction, until now…
Had some changes in my life.
Sounds like a good place to check out. Thanks for the info.

Had some changes in my life.
Sounds like a good place to check out. Thanks for the info.

Well for better or worse, it’d be great to see you again and being somewhat local might facilitate that happening. In all seriousness, I don’t think there is a reason that it’d be a bad spot to be and lots of nearby activities (urban and rural) within an hours drive.

Hope you’re well and safe travels. Hit us up when/if you head this way and we’ll bring you a house warming gift.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom