Fzj80 ob2 Bluetooth scanner (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Fj80oregon

GOLD Star
Threads
There are some post about this but tech changes so fast I was hoping for some current opinions/experience. I am looking for a decent scan tool real time data app to run on a iPhone. Is anybody running a Bluetooth obd2 with a app that works well for monitoring live data and reading codes?? Not trying to spend much but you get what you pay for. Please share your current set up and experience. Thanks Wes

OBD Fusion with VeePeak Bluetooth dongle.

IIRC Iphone needed a wifi based scanner. I have the ELM 327 wifi scanner Amazon product ASIN B07L4926C1
Using free inCarDoc app. However I only use mine for scanning and resetting codes, not really for realtime data.

Any user comments? Pros cons? Price? Thanks
Been using the OBD Fusion + VeePeak setup with iPhone for 3 years. It monitors everything I want/care about and the total setup was <$100.

Torque pro app on Android head unit. Works great. I have custom screens that show what I need to see based on crawling or Hywy.

For the other vehicles in the fleet I use torque lite app on my phone and a dongle that's linked to the phone. I'm honestly not sure what the difference is between them.

I've been using a cheapo Amazon dongle and torque pro on my phone for several years now. I see everything I need on it including codes. I think if I had a constant monitor id crash from looking at it more than the road.

Torque doesn't work with Apple products. That's the reason I use it.

I've been using a random "ELM327" Bluetooth OBD2 reader for years. They're all just unlicensed copies of the original. Just find one that doesn't have negative reviews.

I'm another Torque user, but whatever, any compatible app will work on whatever platform you have.

I have that long ELM 327 as well, paired with “car scanner,” which I like. That’s been left for other vehicles though.. finally decided to get a scangauge 2, and happy I did. If you want permanent real-time info, it’s worth it IMO. Ultragauge is good too, and a little cheaper. I mainly use it so I can keep an eye on temperature, and also like the simplicity of its other features being right there.

If you stick with the cheap phone option, I agree virtually any of them that work with your platform are going to be fine

Last edited:
Cheapo BAFX dongle plus torque app is all I ever needed. In fact, much more functionality than I need or know how to use.

I like the ultragauge over the scangauge2

Trying the scangauge3 now.

Watch the parasitic draw with the Bluetooth dongles. I think they keep the ecu from going to sleep.
I had the Ultra but it faded out so I got a Scangauge II. Seems to be holding up in the AZ sun. I mounted it on the dash and run it full time. I don't need to look for it or interrupt a call to see it. I have 2 gauges on the A pillar and everything is easy to see.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom