Future of LSLC Austin (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Do you have a favorite breakfast taco joint out west? I'm up for a Saturday or Sunday morning drive since I can't always make the Rudy's meeting.

-Jay
I'm not much of a breakfast eater. Just need my coffee and I'm good so anything place is cool with me.

Wow - somehow I missed all of this :doh: I started the Saturday C&C because I couldn't ever make the Tuesday meetings, and partially because the owner of Zinger thought it would be cool to have a bunch of Cruisers in his parking lot. It wasn't ever formal or based on anything, it just fell off the calendar 'cause life. I'm all for whatever you guys decide, I have pretty limited time for anything at the moment but still love to get the 40 out and check out other folks Cruisers. Only problem is I'm not on Facebook ...

Tucker

LOL! You didn't start it. Need to talk to Lee about that one.

qc-pat-on-back.png

For someone that always rags on this club, I'm surprised you're even posting on here. :)

First time I have seen the C&C thread. I like it.
I'm not on myface either so I lose touch with the modern world when it comes to who is where and who is doing what.

Last edited:
Umm ...ok. I'm pretty sure I still have the Zinger owners card, so one of us remembers incorrectly :flipoff2:

Cruisers and coffee -

Tucker

No point in engaging in a p$$ing match on the internets. I'll 'splain it to you over a pint, or three.

That's all I'm good for this morning. Too depressed over the Hot Chick thread being deleted :eek:(

No point in engaging in a p$$ing match on the internets. I'll 'splain it to you over a pint, or three.

That's all I'm good for this morning. Too depressed over the Hot Chick thread being deleted :eek:(

You've been promising to tip a few with me for many moons, Commander, and I have yet to see ya! C'mon up to South Dallas, we have watering holes that might make you sell that place and come to the promised land!

Hi guys,

New to Austin, and just got a new Toyota. Is this club still active? 2nd Tuesday of every month at Rudys still? I checked the fb group and website and it doesnt seem like there was a lot of recent posts. Last post here was Jan 17. Sorry if this is a dumb question.

There is no dumb question.
The meetings are on the last Tuesday of every month but because the traffic in Austin is getting so bad not a lot of people can make it to Rudy's.
Some of us still try to go to the meetings or to cars and coffee at the Oasis.
What part of town do you live?

A.J

There is no dumb question.
The meetings are on the last Tuesday of every month but because the traffic in Austin is getting so bad not a lot of people can make it to Rudy's.
Some of us still try to go to the meetings or to cars and coffee at the Oasis.
What part of town do you live?

A.J
Southeast is what I am told? I'm new here. Super new. I went out to Tacomaworld and they have a meet 2nd Sunday at 7pm. C&C has it the same schedule but 9am-12? But I wanted to be part of an LC group because you know. My people. The schedule is tough though getting to the north on a Tuesday. But I will do my best!

The Tacomaworld folks are very active, and don't discriminate against LCs. I have both, and asked them what I should bring out to the last C&C, and the answer was the 40! They're out there at 7am every month, cooking breakfast and shooting the breeze.

IMG_9267_zpsrrixb0il.jpg

I should have my "new" FJ40 up and running in a month...month and a half. I'd like to meet up with the club whenever I get it put back together, if that's cool with yall.

I live on the east side, Research and Manor Rd area.

We have discussed the idea of moving the meet somewhere more central or south, and moving the day. Most people here can't make the Tuesdays at 7 to Rudys. Just too far with traffic. Some people don't have AC either.

As far as I'm concerned the day, time, and place are up for election. I have also spoken to some members about adding in to other groups such as TacomaWorld and T4R. They have very active subs and are consistently meeting. We can do that until we get enough consistent turnout of our own to necessitate a monthly LC only meet.

Thanks for starting the thread. I just found this, so I thought I would add my thoughts since my call was the catalyst to this. The TLCA is looking at Chapters that are not in good standing (i.e. haven'ts submitted their list of members, with officers, etc.). To be a chapter, you don't have to collect dues for your club, but the following requirement must be met: "For consideration as a member in a TLCA Chapter, the minimum requirement is six owners of a Toyota 4-wheel drive vehicle. This is not to say that if a few of your close friends that have other 4WD vehicles cannot participate in your Chapter, but, to be considered for Chapter membership in TLCA, control of the club must be maintained by the Toyota 4WD members only, now and at all future times."

What that also means is that Chapter Officers and the majority of the members need to also be TLCA members. I don't submit my annual dues through a chapter, because I belong to 3 (CLC, PMC, and LSLC) but the club CAN do that if you want (which also means you need to collect them, then send in payments....thus you'll need a bank account). But regardless, you need to have the member numbers on the roster.

Really, that's it. You don't have to DO anything specific per se. But you do get a Chapter Delegate on the BOD that can help shape what the TLCA is doing as a whole. You also get access to insurance for events you organize. Remember that if someone says "hey let's go wheeling" they can be held liable if something bad (heaven forbid) happens.

Obviously, it's totally up to ya'll as to if and how you want to do things. A monthly meeting, a newsletter, dues or no dues, etc. But a Chapter does get you a way to organize fellow Toyota fans to get together. I'm happy to answer questions if you have any.

Heather

Good info. Thanks Heather.

Wow - somehow I missed all of this :doh: I started the Saturday C&C because I couldn't ever make the Tuesday meetings, and partially because the owner of Zinger thought it would be cool to have a bunch of Cruisers in his parking lot. It wasn't ever formal or based on anything, it just fell off the calendar 'cause life. I'm all for whatever you guys decide, I have pretty limited time for anything at the moment but still love to get the 40 out and check out other folks Cruisers. Only problem is I'm not on Facebook ...

Tucker

Rolling up Lamar last week, I see that Zinger's is closing...

Hi Guys, Just saw this post, I’m from down New Braunfels way, what are the dates, time and location (address please) of the next meeting?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom