Fuel injection (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I have no experience with the Holley EFI system, but I went with Toyota 3F fuel injection set up on my stock motor (1.5F) and then put it on my high performance 2F. It runs awesome, starts great, and does not mind the Colorado mountain altitude a bit.

thanks, not sure if we are going to agree on this, my engine guy is a hot rodder, i want reliability with as few problems as possible

Me too, that is why I went with factory Toyota equipment. I have known lots of "hot rodders" and none have liked Holley products. A real engine guy would go direct injection. But, like I said, I have never used Holley.

Tbi is cheaper, easier and you end up getting more torque but less high end horsepower than port injection. The sitch you want with a 4x4 imo.

For EFI, I wouldn't touch Holley with a 100 foot pole even if you were paying me to use it.
second this major problems on my fj40 ....
Howell is the best kit . uses stock gm parts reflashed to your specs :)

possible they are bad now as well . i have not run there kit since 2000 when i put my pig on the road . but the burning sensation is still there having to deal with holley tech support

I have no experience with the Holley EFI system, but I went with Toyota 3F fuel injection set up on my stock motor (1.5F) and then put it on my high performance 2F. It runs awesome, starts great, and does not mind the Colorado mountain altitude a bit.

Do you have a thread on this? I am interested.

Check out Performance Fuel Injection Systems (pfisys.com). I installed one on my Chevy 350. Reasonable price, Chevy sensors and throttle body, all new wirining with Chevy color coding and labled. I actually talked to the owner prior to purchasing. I replaced a Quadrajet, that worked well but not the greatest mpg. Runs like a top on the trail and freeway. They also have a multiport and a 4 cylinder system.

The factory efi found on fj62 and fj80 can be adapted to use on an f1.5 and 2 short block. Note I said short block and not motor... my 3fe just purrs. The cracks to get caught in are plumbing, electrical and exhaust- not different than any other injection system...The bolt on aftermarket kits sell you a bunch of stuff that needs more stuff, which takes new tools and needs more stuff, and before too long you got a crate motor you didn't really want, cut up fenders and nothing resembles anything fj55 too much longer, except maybe the grille and those sad eyes; wires hanging everywhere lights that just don't work and a dashboard full of gaugepods- not to mention the 3 sets of tools you'll now need to fit all the different hardware you know you'll need to mess with on any given test run to the gas station, again, and you're wife is always complaining about how the whole family smells like a dam drag strip, her clothes get dirty just knowing she might get into for god knows why cause there's always someone where we wanna hang out whenever we take it someplace and all we ever do is drive in it and smell exhaust and listen to the kids gripe and you're never gunna finish the AC or any other single project and my lettuce is wilting in the bare metal cargo box that you're never gunna finish, and we never go anywhere fun cause the truck always needs something and - wait, what was the question?

yep, heard some of that already.
So went to my guy and he told me it is not a TBI system, but like new cars, new manifold with injector ports, low and high pressure fuel pumps. sensors, etc, Gave him the I don't need another problem to deal with look, he gave me a three year guarantee in writing, I f I don't like it, money back, or install anything I want. I still have that look in my eye

Run!!! But buy him a beer just the same- he wants to believe!

All this said and I'm about to go fire up my I didn't want to build it that much carbbed 2f! It's it's very own monster! If only I finished that dang AC ... stock carb and no leaks and while it doesn't idle with efi quality, it needs nothing for maintenance when compared to my old small block 4 bolt 350 with small chamber heads and may as well be a rocketship to mars if holding up against the old faithful MG midget and it's consarned Lucas ungineering...

I got a used Fast EZ EFI from a friend for a good price. Installed it in a day and have had 0 problems. Every time I thought it was acting up it turned out to be some other part of the engine. I went from sea level to 10k elevation in Colorado with out missing a beat. Now I have seen people complain about the system on the interwebs but you can only take some of that at face value. Tin kit that bolts on the stock intake and all the cables and linkage hooks up no problem.

Have fun choosing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom