Front speakers not working (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So this morning I went out, started my vehicle, and my front speakers are not working. I checked the fuse under the hood, and pulled the head unit in the dash to check all connections on the back of the unit. The connections and fuses are all fine. Anybody have an idea of where I should go from here?

UPDATE: As I was driving up I-25 today, the front channels just came back. Mysterious. If anybody has seen this type of thing before, any insight would be helpful. Electrical issues are not my strongest suit.

My speakers like to turn on when they want and off again. Typically only 1 side of the vehicle speakers work at one time. I've never looked into it though.

So, this issue is back. Dammit. Started my truck this morning. No front channels. I looked at the fuses and amp and all connections from headunit to amp. Everything looked good. It appears a previous owner replaced the speaker wire from the headunit to the amp. Anyway, anybody have any further places to investigate this issue. All help is appreciated. Thanks!

If it's in and out, that points to a loose wire. Upon replacing my front speakers I noticed one went in/out and jiggling it helped [as tested with truck on and radio playing] - so i simply unplugged and twisted the plug [white box-like] leading directly into the speaker itself and that tightened the two wires up enough to give tension on the connection and work fine. No need to cut/splice and has worked for many miles on and off road.

This presumes your speakers aren't blown or other catastrophic issue. Always pays to check the easy stuff first before replacing components.

Removing the door panels is the hardest [easy] part of the whole check - at least removes one easy possibility too.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom