Front Seatbelts - HZJ80

Hey guys,

I have a 1995 HZJ80 with a driver's side seatbelt that is on its way out - I thought I read somewhere that in the 1995 models the RHS and LHS seatbelts were not interchangeable, does anyone know if this is the case? I see plenty of front passenger seatbelts for sale but no driver's side.

TIA

I know the seatbelts on the left/right have different part numbers, but that doesn't guarantee they're not interchangeable. Haven't tried myself, but I've been planning to look into this as my seatbelts are getting on a bit. On the surface, they look like they should be interchangeable.

If you're worried about your pink slip (or other state equivalent) and the fraying around the edges of the webbing is a problem, get a lighter and run it carefully along the edge to get rid of the frayed fibres. That'll buy you time to sort it out properly.

OGBeno

Arakawa-san
GOLD Star
They are not interchangeable RH/LH.

This specific part group is super important to have absolutely correct in design and function.

Not one wants to get thrown under the bus like Takata.

clx16

SILVER Star
I would think there are places in Australia that repair seatbelts. Get a junkyard seatbelt and have it rebuilt. That way you don't have any down time. That is what I did and it worked out great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom