Front diff nut chewed up (which parts need replacing?) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Beehanger

SILVER Star
Threads
Hi all,
My front driveshaft was hitting a crossmember and needed to be retubed. Another issue this friction caused was some seeming damage to the washer and lock nut of the diff assembly. Curious if I need more parts than just the nut and washer or if there would be need to replace other parts and check for further damage.

Thoughts on if I can get away with its replacing 41204b and 41204a? (Same parts for rear assembly as shown in diagram)

Also it sure if the nut is damaged on the assembly going to tranny or not, it’s the last photo shown.

Hoping everyone agrees I just need to order two of each nut and washer, and that no other bearings seals etc have to be replaced when one goes a bit disassembling the assembly to replace the nut etc. 😂

image.jpg

CD03F3BA-009C-4CC6-9200-F1148BE50002.png

75DFFF5F-4EBC-4378-8FED-2EA42DE2D3B7.png

0B8D1AEF-25CB-4435-AC4D-E51BDFF583CC.png

Last edited:
What’s wrong with that nut?….

If you’re seeing where the nut is caved in to the groove, it’s meant to be like that. The flange nut is tightened to spec then staked (dented into the groove) to prevent it from easily backing off. Unless I’m missing something else.

Also, when you screenshot to show pics, you can crop the image down to not show all the rest of the pics in your gallery. Don’t want any accidental d pics or anything…..

What’s wrong with that nut?….

If you’re seeing where the nut is caved in to the groove, it’s meant to be like that. The flange nut is tightened to spec then staked (dented into the groove) to prevent it from easily backing off. Unless I’m missing something else.

Also, when you screenshot to show pics, you can crop the image down to not show all the rest of the pics in your gallery. Don’t want any accidental d pics or anything…..
It would appear my :banana: :banana: :banana: Have limited me in this instance

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom