From Poverty Packin to Betty White: 1992 HZJ80 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I just sold the 100 to Pat. I'm down to two cruisers. It feels weird.

Drive a 100 and get sucked into the smooth V8 power.

Drive a 100 and get sucked into the smooth V8 power.
I've driven 105s and 200 series for a long time in my job. Prefer the turbo diesels

How are you doing driving a manual turbo diesel with that broken heel? :)

How are you doing driving a manual turbo diesel with that broken heel? :)
It's nothing 7 screws and a plate couldn't fix... I'm driving a roscoe scooter (yes it's red) right now and the wife's VW.

Last edited:
It's nothing 7 screws and a plate couldn't fix... I'm driving a roscoe scooter (yes it's red) right now and the wife's VW.
Laughing about the red roscoe scooter - hope you heal up quickly and graduate back to manual diesels instead of the EV scooter.

Laughing about the red roscoe scooter - hope you heal up quickly and graduate back to manual diesels instead of the EV scooter.
Thanks. It's not EV, it's powered by my other leg 😀

LOL!

Finally was able to button everything up and got the truck back on the road. I did have couple of leaks that I found with some soapy water. I also had an issue with the quick disconnect fitting used on the boost gauge. It was leaking and the truck wasn't able to go past 10psi. After fixing all of that, I am now able to boost to 18-20 psi rather easily.

Pic of the IC piping.

View attachment 2643313
Hey Dave, which stubby intake are you attaching your I/C to? Is that the Plazmaman one, or a generic? Cheers, Pete

Yes, it's a Plazmaman. Got lucky and bought it off of the MUD classifieds.

Betty is now looking for a good home.

It's been a couple of months now since I purchased Galen's @bottombracket 1992 HZJ80 from him. I have done some minor upgrades and plan on some big ones, so it was time to start my own build thread.

Here's Galen's original build thread that talks about how she came to the US: Builds - Poverty packin’: 1992 HZJ80 in Texas

"This ticked some serious boxes. Factory left-hand drive. 1HZ with 211,000 km. Air-conditioning. Part-time t case. E-lockers with full float rear axle, just added by Joe. Manual windows. No flares. Barn doors. No rust...and also not fancy. "

First things first. Betty White is her name and she's a cool old gal!

View attachment 2365429
Hi Dave, Saw this truck on Expedition Portal. Is it still for sale? I have 2021 Tundra would you consider a trade?

70873515151__741D36FC-08A9-4F0D-8C20-74E3076068D9.jpeg

Thanks, but she's now living in Oklahoma!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom