From Poverty Packin to Betty White: 1992 HZJ80 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yep.

I think I might copy this thread to turbo my 1HZ. This seems like a seriously good middle ground between Chicom CT26's and the spendy stuff.

EDIT: my question sounded dumb lol. can you set the HX30W to be pretty stock friendly and get 10psi max?

Last edited:
I think the stock setting is 20 psi. I hit it but only when really flooring it. Stays at 10-15psi. 10 PSI isn't much. Remember it isn't the boost that kills your engine, it's high EGT's.

No, I'd like one to better tune it, but so far the EGT's and smoke levels have all been fine.

Nothing handy and the Polar Vortex has made things interesting around here. Got trees and limbs down due to the heavy ice.

1613165574588.png

STUMP PULLIN’ TORQUE!

I felt like that needed to be shouted loudly.

Well, I ended up moving the gauge down below the dash and installing an old-man friendly 10.2" screen. It's an ATOTO S8 with QLED display. Man, it is nice and bright.

1615497296447.png

Also, I installed an Autometer diesel tach. The pickup is strapped to the alternator body and works well. I used this on my 1HZ powered FJ60 (Crusty) and it worked great. This is a single gauge Acura Integra pod also from AutoMeter.

1615497424761.png

Last edited:

View attachment 2610857
Super cool rig, Dave. I really like the simplicity of it and seems in good shape. I've read and re-read your 60 build, as it's basically the path I'm on: 60/1hz-t/H55. It's really helpful to see what people have done for the so many little questions that come up. Do you have the mambatek oil feed line info. for the line that you are using here? Bout glazed over my eyes trying to sort through their site..... Also, what are you using for a catch can on this rig? Cheers, Pete

So, I started the next phase of the turbo project. I ordered a generic intercooler off of ebay. It had a small intercooler that I though would work like the 60 conversion I did before.

1616979685327.png

But with the way the AC hard piping is routed, you'd have to place the intercooler pretty low which causes the intercooler to be blocked by the lower valance.

1616979751627.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom