Builds Frog's "Wife's" 200 Build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

A10Driver

SILVER Star
Threads
My wife is awesome and therefore needs an awesome ride. I grew up in South Africa and the only vehicle that was tough enough to be called "Africa Proof" was the land cruiser. I have always been a fan and even better my wife is a huge fan as well. We were finally financially able to purchase a land cruiser last year and decided on a grey 2017 with the terracotta interior. The day I picked the 200 up.
IMG_20170711_164324875_HDR.jpg

Last edited:
Wife mentioned that the 200 sits kind of low. She said that her four runner sat higher and she felt like the 200 looked like a Highlander/ minivan with the big tires. Well we just happened to be having a wedding anniversary coming up. Anniversary present: BP-51s.
IMG_20180629_195506229.jpg

Needless to say she does not feel like she is driving a minivan with big tires on it anymore...

Wife didn't like all the chrome: plastidip and 4 hours later rear chrome and doors are black. She likes the look almost as much as me. Figure if it doesn't last will Peel it off and get a pro to paint the chrome
IMG_20180705_115036300.jpg

Still busy wiring. Anybody relocate their rear camera and have good results?

Last edited:
Still busy wiring. Anybody relocate there rear camera and have good results?
There have been some relocates in the RLC bumper thread. I decided to punt on the relocate and just bought a wifi camera. It runs on an Android or Iphone app and for the few times I need a camera it isn't too much effort to run the app (5 sec or so to link and have video on the phone). Powering it from a breakout box on the trailer wiring.

Looks great! You may want to consider replacing the factory front towing points with either the ARB points or the Trail Tailor ones. I use the Trail Tailor ones (ih8mud vendor), great quality. Either one will have a little more ground clearance but it's a visual difference as well.
I have mine in black.
They are stronger than the standard points.

200 Series Front Tow Mounts

trailtailorpoints.png

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom