Freedom Off-road UCA (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

its down to these or dobinsons. happy to save almost 300$ with these and use amazon points though. would also like to hear more experience reports for the freedoms

They're just meh for $400. Definetly the quality that would be sourced from Alibaba/eBay arms. You really pay for what your get. But then again, the additional $ spent for Dobinsons, Total Chaos, SPC etc isn't worth that extra marginal cost over these. Granted, I've had these for a week. All I can say is for control arms, there is a high margin. On the 150, there are Mevotech rebranded SPC control arms, that are available for $275/set on Rockauto. I've had these Freedoms for a week now.

Sounds good. Aside from them cracking they cant be too bad near term. My truck cant get a perfect alignment without some upgraded Uca’s. They cant get better than -0.5 caster as is and it wanders was to the left a bit. New bushings and ball joint can only help. The truck doing 75 or higher feels like youre riding a washing machine with a full load on spin cycle. Need to open up the hubs and do a full inspection. OME shocks are terrible. Would love to afford the new bilstein reservoir shocks.
Anywhoo, ordered the freedoms via amazon. Both amazon and freedom say estimated ship date is 9/12. Currently sold out nationwide from all sources

They're just meh for $400. Definetly the quality that would be sourced from Alibaba/eBay arms. You really pay for what your get. But then again, the additional $ spent for Dobinsons, Total Chaos, SPC etc isn't worth that extra marginal cost over these. Granted, I've had these for a week. All I can say is for control arms, there is a high margin. On the 150, there are Mevotech rebranded SPC control arms, that are available for $275/set on Rockauto. I've had these Freedoms for a week now.
Did you compare the FOR with other brands? These are on my to-do list and if they are low quality it's not worth the hassle.

From looking at pics... the FOR, HR and Dobinson look very similar... But that's just pics.

Hardrace makes all sorts of other components for the 100/LX470... When I sell my other truck, I'll probably try them.

hardrace-q0331.jpg

hardrace-q0358.jpg

hardrace-q0359.jpg

hardrace-q0360.jpg

Did you compare the FOR with other brands? These are on my to-do list and if they are low quality it's not worth the hassle.

From looking at pics... the FOR, HR and Dobinson look very similar... But that's just pics.

Yeah, these are literally *one* step up from stamped control arms, and priced accordingly as one step up. It's 1.5" tubular steel. I wouldn't say these are high quality, as it's just whatever off the shelf BJ and bushing they source from China when they get manufactured. However I wouldn't say it's low quality either. There was some black paint that had been slightly scuffed off already in transit. Freedom offroad didn't design these pieces or do they make them, they literally are a China special where they order a container worth of them, and slap a sticker on, hence why I said these are eBay/Baba/Chinese specials.

It does it job. And all that it does over a stock UCA is it correct suspension geometry. They aren't many step up kind of upgrade. These are the kind of thing where you put them in, and then forget about it. You won't be aw'ed by them as all they do is bring back stock feeling steering and alignment geometry. Sure there are higher quality UCAs in the offroad market such as billet pieces but the LC100 will never reach that potential of needing them.

Last edited:
Yeah, these are literally *one* step up from stamped control arms, and priced accordingly as one step up. It's 1.5" tubular steel. I wouldn't say these are high quality, as it's just whatever off the shelf BJ and bushing they source from China. However I wouldn't say it's low quality either. There was some black paint that had been slightly scuffed off already in transit.

It does it job. And all that it does over a stock UCA is it correct suspension geometry.
Excellent, thanks for the feedback.

Got mine today. Will be installing along with new LBJs, bearings and then an alignment early next week. Just hoping to get steering/alignment/high speed vibration corrected. Nothing fancy. Will report back

7BCED2FD-4C5B-409C-A417-7B3908128F5F.jpeg

Got mine today. Will be installing along with new LBJs, bearings and then an alignment early next week. Just hoping to get steering/alignment/high speed vibration corrected. Nothing fancy. Will report back

View attachment 2442341
Keep us informed when you do. If these are halfway decent they would be a good "budget" alternative. I see they are on Amazon now which is interesting.

Says currently unavailable on amazon when i go to try and “buy again”

I went with Dobinsons and opted to press my own balljoints as it's optional with them. I highly recommend getting them delivered to you with the ball joints pressed in, but it is an additional cost added to the cost of the UCA.

Anyone know if they are still shipping/in stock from their direct website?

If you email the address on their contact us page of their website, they get back to you very quickly during biz hours on the east coast

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom