Freedom Off-road UCA (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

This seems to be a new offering of UCA's for 100 series. According to Amazon they only started selling them this past December, it's the only 100 series product the sell on their website.

Last edited:
Ticks the right boxes. Low priced, lifetime warranty, replaceable bj. Might be a guinea pig and get these before I get my next alignment.

They do have the brackets for AHC.

holy smokes thats cheap. i thought the new dobinsons ucas where cheap. Dobinsons Front Upper Control Arm Kit (UCA's) for Toyota Land Cruiser 100 Series (UCA59-006K)

those are made in China.

Taiwan made is far better than China made in general.
if i had to buy now id buy the nitro gear UCA even though its the most expensive option but made in austrailia according to them.

if i were to wait, I'd get the new ironman UCAs they're developing. they have them for tacomas and reportedly are making them for all models. they are a drop forged design.

I have no experience with them, they look interesting and seem to have all of the OE mounting points, but the price does seem a little too good to be true...

SPC $978.20​
Total Chaos $874.02​
Nitro $866.24​
Trail Tailor $719.00​
Toyota $647.54​
Dobinsons $640 (with ball joint installed)​
Freedom Off-Road $380​

Wow! $380 for a pair??!! That sounds too good to be true!

I wonder if that is some type of introductory price to establish the brand and to get name recognition?

Another question would be about the ball joint origin and is it a common part that can be replaced?

They’ve got an ‘OE Style’ Ball joint. Am I crazy to think that a lot of these UCA’s are all manufactured at the same plant in Asia?

@Texsun84 They are different enough for me to doubt they come from the same plant. Like most everything, be leary of the low price leaders, especially when it is half the price of the competition. The 'lifetime' warranty does not include the ball joints and bushings.

Asia is a big place, and where specifically matters. Korea Taiwan and Japan make good stuff. China is capable of making good stuff depending on who is running the factory, but i suspect these UCAs are just short run contracts to established Chinese owned factories. if ARB made it in China I'd bet they have QC and maybe even own the factory itself. this seems like the cheapest possible source. but maybe there are good reviews for their other UCAs? biggest concern is just breaking which can lead to catastrophic damage and even injury or worse if a wheel comes loose.

Just purchased. Going to get installed next week... cancelled my nitros when I saw this thread. Will update everyone. They are beefy!

20CDD4D7-5525-42FC-8E6E-DD967297D76E.jpeg

Just purchased. Going to get installed next week... cancelled my nitros when I saw this thread. Will update everyone. They are beefy!

View attachment 2281455
any documentation with the arms? what additional caster is built in? what ball joint does it take?

View attachment 2281455

I'm curious to see what you find during the install, and your post install alignment specs.

I hope it's just an optical illusion, from the camera lens, or camera angle, but from the picture, the UCA bushings don't seem quite square (or parallel to one another)...

Last edited:
interested!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom