Freedom Off-road UCA (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

any documentation with the arms? what additional caster is built in? what ball joint does it take?

Its possible that the ball joint is sourced from HardRace (also Taiwan) Hard race is a highly sought after alternate solution for many race cars in South East Asia. Good, long lasting quality and normally on the cheaper side. I have a few of their bushings on my weekend racer.

A ball joint replacement for a Tacoma:

58BB4DD3-91FE-4D14-AD11-377A8816FCE4.jpg
D40A2544-B3EB-4064-A53F-515655AB2039.jpg
4E292AC0-F081-4C8C-BFBB-138B41647628.jpg
0F0BD949-4811-4185-8ECD-B8B57E2CBE98.jpg

Last edited:
Looks very familiar now...

Hardrace upper control arms are made to correct ball joint angle on cars which have been fitted with lift kits over 2 inches.

Hardrace control arms made with hardened steel with superior harden rubber bushings, unlike polyurethane bushings which can easy broken, our High strength and anti-crack material extends the lifetime and provides solid steering response for years to come.

• Increased 2.5+ Degrees of caster for better ride quality
  • Grease nuts ball joint design. (inside the upper black boot)
  • Super strong and durable
  • High strength steel tubes with 4mm tube wall thickness
  • CR-MO Ball Joint and special boot design, self anti-dust function
  • Equipped with superior harden rubber bushings
  • ED process and painting for the highest durability
  • OE direct replacement
  • Dramatically improving handling performance
dscn5882.jpg
q0331.jpg
dscn5865.jpg
dscn5876.jpg
dscn5874.jpg

Looks very familiar now...

Hardrace upper control arms are made to correct ball joint angle on cars which have been fitted with lift kits over 2 inches.

Hardrace control arms made with hardened steel with superior harden rubber bushings, unlike polyurethane bushings which can easy broken, our High strength and anti-crack material extends the lifetime and provides solid steering response for years to come.

• Increased 2.5+ Degrees of caster for better ride quality
  • Grease nuts ball joint design. (inside the upper black boot)
  • Super strong and durable
  • High strength steel tubes with 4mm tube wall thickness
  • CR-MO Ball Joint and special boot design, self anti-dust function
  • Equipped with superior harden rubber bushings
  • ED process and painting for the highest durability
  • OE direct replacement
  • Dramatically improving handling performance
View attachment 2281866View attachment 2281867View attachment 2281868View attachment 2281869View attachment 2281870

Good eye!

Indeed! A premium if you want blue shipped to your door.😏

Well, if my $AU to $US conversion is correct, the site you found is ~$440 (US), which is a premium, but not as bad as it initially looks, and it is a pretty blue...

What is your reason for not trying the ball joint that it ships with?

While I can say many positive things about their bushings, I have no idea what the quality is like on the ball joints long term. It would be nice to know if a quality brand 555 ball joint can pop right in down the road.

And here I was about to buy the new Dobinson UCAs. Glad I stumbled across this. Keep is updated with the install and results.

There is no advantage for a stock height vehicle with stock suspension travel. And the balljoints and bushings will certainly not last as long as OE.

Yeah, I was going to say something similar. Genuine Toyota will offer the best bushings, ball joints and fitment. These aftermarket options should only be considered, IMO, if you can't live with OE fitment due to a substantial conventional lift.

The Tacoma folks seems to like this.

Would this help correct any twitchiness from a small AHC lift and really cranked torsion bars?

Would this help correct any twitchiness from a small AHC lift and really cranked torsion bars?

Define small...

On AHC, torsion bars should only be cranked to adjust pressure.

If you’ve done enough of an AHC lift, that you’ve run out of factory caster adjustment, and are outside (or on the low end) of the recommended caster setting, yes, they would help.

The Feedom Off-road site says it’s for lifts 2” and above, would you think this would be okay to use with a 1.5 inch lift? I mean, .5 inches... come on.

Never mind. I called them and they said it wouldn’t work.
why wouldn't it work? there is seriously almost no difference in geometry between 1.5 and 2"
i would run it if it were me. that said i have a 2" lift and don't need the UCAs. i have enough caster with the stock ones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom