Free leather lx470 tan leather used and a few install tips Lseat (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
overlooking the Mississippi River @ Memphis
Ok I ordered these before christmas and have just been busy building motorcycles with my 13yo son
I'd rate the seats/leather a good 8 out of 10, there are several threads on the install so I won't rehash whats out there... you do need to steam the foam while the old leather is off ... my foam was good but it still helped to restore some body to the foam... let it dry a few days after... I sprayed the foam with a dry lube but a baby powder would be ok to help add some slip so it all goes where it needs to go... GET GOOD hog ring pliers and good hog rings... work slow and work your way around... it's a pain in the ass but it ain't hard... I did NOT remove the leather from the armrest or head rest I went over the old leather... and it worked fine but my leather was good on both... if it was ripped or torn I would remove... I did NOT reinstall the seat back heaters they haven't worked in years I could see the burn spot... and the bottoms both worked so I was ok with that... I steamed the leather some after install but I'll wait until it's really hot outside and do it then and leave it in the sun... but there are very few wrinkles
Offering my old leather Free..... the drivers seat bottom with a mild cleaning would be very serviceable no cracks or tears the backs on both fronts are good... the passenger seat bottom has one split on the front bolster and some cracks but might be better than what you have.... might be an easy repair while off.... so if someone wants them they are serviceable,,, but for the work involved I'd spend the $300 and do the work with new leather but the offer is out there the Lseat shipping was $40 so I'm guessing thats about what it would be if someone wants em

Last edited:
Took my new LSeat leather OFF to install @LandCruiserPhil 's seat heaters.

Used the baby powder trick to get it back on, worked like a dream. Never even thought about re-stapling the armrests over the old ones. Good call.

What? There are heaters on the seat back!?!? Who knew! Only the bottoms work for me.

I'm an LC or I would take you up on it.......

I added padding for the passenger seat so the wife would go to Montana and Moab last year. It took awhile but it wasn't difficult.......

I have my LC Seat covers and have yet to install them. What guide did you use as a reference? How long did the install take? I'll have my LC covers up for free after I'm done with the re-trim.

What color is the leather? My drivers seat bottom is in bad shape, but the rest is OK. If you are tan and willing to separate out, I'd like the driver bottom.

If grey, I might be interested...

Sorry, they're tan. slight cracking, no holes or rips. great for a driver or for someone who wants to take them to a shop to get the bolsters replaced.

Offering my old leather Free..... the drivers seat bottom with a mild cleaning would be very serviceable no cracks or tears the backs on both fronts are good... the passenger seat bottom has one split on the front bolster and some cracks but might be better than what you have.... might be an easy repair while off.... so if someone wants them they are serviceable,,, but for the work involved I'd spend the $300 and do the work with new leather but the offer is out there the Lseat shipping was $40 so I'm guessing thats about what it would be if someone wants em

PM Sent

sorry, I should have marked the leathers as committed to another member last week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom