FPR sliding window (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a 1988 bj74 it is a RHD Japanese spec. My problem is the metal frames around my rear windows on the FPR top are rusted thru from life on the islands. I've been looking everywhere for replacements with no luck. Can someone help me either in figuring a way to repair the frames or if there are replacements (metal or fiberglass) thanks in advice

Hey, also here on Okinawa. From what Ive read here, the metal frames are no longer available unless you can find a donor vehicle. I think they are discontinued from Toyota. I'd love to pull the whole window out and fit it with a single piece flip up window but that would be $$$.

Hey, also here on Okinawa. From what Ive read here, the metal frames are no longer available unless you can find a donor vehicle. I think they are discontinued from Toyota. I'd love to pull the whole window out and fit it with a single piece flip up window but that would be $$$.
That's actually where I picked up the truck I brought it back from Okinawa a year ago when I was discharged.

Please report back and let us know what happens. The website seems to be legit.

Cruiser world does claim to have them in stock. I'm waiting to hear back on a shipping quote since they are located in Netherlands. They run about $265 each

Cruiser world does claim to have them in stock. I'm waiting to hear back on a shipping quote since they are located in Netherlands. They run about $265 each

He contacted me back about some parts I inquired about. When I got to browsing his site, I saw some stuff I might need such as his 3F AC compressor. The price he has on that beats anyone else, but the shipping might kill that deal.

He contacted me back about some parts I inquired about. When I got to browsing his site, I saw some stuff I might need such as his 3F AC compressor. The price he has on that beats anyone else, but the shipping might kill that deal.
I agree, I'm worried about shipping as well as customs charges.

Last time I checked up with him on those I thought he did not have the rubbers,just the bare frames.

If there are more people wanting parts from Cruiser World I can go there in June when I am back home and ship them in my next container.

I usually get a small discount (you never get much discount from the Dutch ;) ) and if there are enough people wanting stuff I can justify the 400 mile drive up and down to that remote outpost in Holland.

Joe

I ended up ordering a new compressor and a few other things from Cruiser World and the shipping was not too bad at $65 for everything.

Note: The prices on his website already have the 21% VAT tax (ouch!) factored in but that is removed if he sells to US customers so it is actually lower.

I ended up ordering a new compressor and a few other things from Cruiser World and the shipping was not too bad at $65 for everything.

Note: The prices on his website already have the 21% VAT tax (ouch!) factored in but that is removed if he sells to US customers so it is actually lower.
Thanks for the info they did send me a quote for both frames and shipping and I'm looking at just over $600

FRP frames are probably more expensive to ship due to size compared to what I got. Did he include the rubbers at the price?

Does anybody know if the FRP top window frames are the same as the hard top? I remember Crushers installed stainless steel frames into one of his customers BJ70's. I thought they were after market or custom built at the time but maybe they were sourced from a newer 70's??

1985 BJ70 CND refubishing and modifications
downloadfile-18.jpg

I know this is off topic since I only joined ih8mud a couple years ago but whatever happened to this crushers guy? He seemed very knowledgeable about cruisers from all the old posts of his that I have seen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom