Found some disconnected wires in my 105 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I recently bought my 105 and found some wires disconnected on my transfer case and engine bay. I don't understand what they're. Please help to find what they're and how to connect them properly
thanks

WhatsApp Image 2022-12-20 at 4.03.12 PM.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2022-12-20 at 4.02.58 PM.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2022-12-20 at 4.02.40 PM.jpeg

Apart from the transfer case wires - I think I have the same spare plugs on my 105.

The engine bay plugs are probably nothing to worry about at all

Apart from the transfer case wires - I think I have the same spare plugs on my 105.

The engine bay plugs are probably nothing to worry about at all
Thanks for the replay, I've two things to know then, I got a brake booster plug disconnected, from my small experience believe it's a brake light connection, but the lights are still working, don't know what the last owner has done with it, please let me know where to plug it back. And what's the transfer case wire disconnection?, don't understand that
Thanks

Does your reverse lights work?

From memory, in your second picture by the airbox, I believe those are plugs for the headlight ballast, diagnosis port, and alarm siren. I have all 3 on my 07 LX.

I think this is one of those questions that everyone has when they first get their 100 series, I know I did as well.
From what I gather the 100 was sold all over the planet in a lot of different configurations but to simplify production they generally used the same wiring harness. Therefore if everything works, don't worry about it. It is likely a plug for something that your 100 never had.

I think this is one of those questions that everyone has when they first get their 100 series, I know I did as well.
From what I gather the 100 was sold all over the planet in a lot of different configurations but to simplify production they generally used the same wiring harness. Therefore if everything works, don't worry about it. It is likely a plug for something that your 100 never had.
I checked with the chassis number and I found this, the part number '8339012340' WITCH ASSY, VACUUM WARNING on that brake booster but mine is not connected, the transfer case wiring was cut by someone I believe. maybe some warning sensors i don't know

whats in brake booster?
Not sure this will be helpful because the rigs are different. Here are some pictures though real quick:
PXL_20230101_185348950.jpg

This is by the power steering res, standing on the passenger side looking straight down. You can see I relocated some stuff for the air compressor, but the three plugs I mentioned are mounted on the firewall left to right.
Silver box: headlight ballast.
Round black thing to the right of the air compressor mounting bracket way down deep: alarm siren.
Diagnosis port is labeled as such in the photo.

PXL_20230101_185402449.jpg

This is standing in front of the truck looking at the passenger firewall corner below the AHC res.

For the brake booster area, mine has a lot going on with abs, atrac, etc, but here a pic:
PXL_20230101_185419250.jpg

Here's my RHD 105. As far as I know everything works, and if it's not working I haven't missed it.

20230102_145634.jpg

I would guess that the transfer case wire could be the centre differential lock dashboard warning light sensor

I would guess that the transfer case wire could be the centre differential lock dashboard warning light sensor
Thanks for the suggestion, can you get me the part number for it? I tried so many times and so many ways no luck. does the 105 has a center differential lock?

I don't have any part number information but yes your vehicle will have a centre diff lock.

Search the forum/internet for "CDL".

It should lock automatically when you select low ratio. A light should show on the instrument binnacle .... but if the light doesn't work that doesn't mean your CDL isn't working

You should also be able to lock the centre diff in high ratio by pressing the button on the centre of the dash. There's lots of online information available on the CDL and it's troubles

I don't have any part number information but yes your vehicle will have a centre diff lock.

Search the forum/internet for "CDL".

It should lock automatically when you select low ratio. A light should show on the instrument binnacle .... but if the light doesn't work that doesn't mean your CDL isn't working

You should also be able to lock the centre diff in high ratio by pressing the button on the centre of the dash. There's lots of online information available on the CDL and it's troubles
When i engage to 4H and 4L I got a green light on my dash, but no other light when I engage to 4L. No new light on the dashboard probably because of that disconnected sensor wire. I don't have any center diff lock dedicated switch on my dashboard

Last edited:
When i engage to 4H and 4L

It could be a language thing.... but are you saying your 105 is not permanently four wheel drive and you can select from two wheel drive to High 4 and then Low 4?

If so then your vehicle is not something I have any experience with sorry

It could be a language thing.... but are you saying your 105 is not permanently four wheel drive and you can select from two wheel drive to High 4 and then Low 4?

If so then your vehicle is not something I have any experience with sorry
My 105 got 1hz manual 5 speed

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom