Builds Found an Arabian FJ40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Small details update...

Finally got the toolbag sorted. It's the toolkit from an 80-series... came with the jack.

I had been using these to hold the toolbag down:
246oldbands.jpg

Ordered the T100 band/hook (hook already removed in this photo)
242t100hook.jpg

Reproduction retainer band from @Cruiser Corps:
243toolband.jpg

244toolbag.jpg

245toolbag.jpg

And applied some other quick detail parts that I picked up from CruiserCorps:
247threespdinner.jpg

248steerlogo.jpg

249araklogo.jpg

Looks great Joel!!

Do you garage that beauty in a sterile room, or what?!? ;)

Looks great Joel!!

Do you garage that beauty in a sterile room, or what?!? ;)

I wish! It sits outside in my covered driveway. Weird thing about the UAE is there are practically no garages. People with Ferrari's and Lambo's park them in open driveways. I'd love a proper garage...

I'm just a bit uptight with keeping it clean.

You should get an Imex room, film the adventures with a disposable car and display the movie behind the 40.
Its almost a shame to take it outside.

Blasphemy! I built this thing to enjoy and that includes getting it's tires dirty from time to time. Granted she's awfully fun to clean up for a car show. =)

I would rather have the 40 over the McLaren. BTW I use inner tube for rubber pads. It's black, and if you get agricultural tire tubes it's very thick.

The McLaren is obviously inferior in comparison to the 40. =)

There's a woman in Dubai who goes by "Supercar Blondie". She drives and reviews luxury cars online.

I saw a video the other day, where she was driving a red Ferrari (or something) and she had it parked in a carport, inside a red plastic? "Garage"... You drive in, get out, walk to the back and pull the back of th garage down and zip it shut... Keeps the dust out...

I can't find the link, but you can probably find her.... If it's something worth your while.

The "garage" was out of my league.

There's a woman in Dubai who goes by "Supercar Blondie". She drives and reviews luxury cars online.

I saw a video the other day, where she was driving a red Ferrari (or something) and she had it parked in a carport, inside a red plastic? "Garage"... You drive in, get out, walk to the back and pull the back of th garage down and zip it shut... Keeps the dust out...

I can't find the link, but you can probably find her.... If it's something worth your while.

The "garage" was out of my league.
Probably a carcoon.
IMG_0723.JPG

Similar. But, the Carcoon looks like an "Everyman" version of the one she had... Her's was more like a Maseraticoon... Very upper crust.

EDIT: Your right, it's a Carcoon... But, looks like fancier model... You can't put a Ferrari in the same bubble as a Mustang :rolleyes:

Here's the video.

Last edited:
There's a whole group of those spoiled women there in Dubai that want for nothing. Can't imagine being married to one.

A Ferrari in a K-mart plastic tent--no class whatsoever.

Still think we have better weather here in the States, so there.

I saw a video the other day, where she was driving a red Ferrari (or something) and she had it parked in a carport, inside a red plastic? "Garage"...

There's a whole group of those spoiled women there in Dubai that want for nothing. Can't imagine being married to one.

Ugh... that chick. She didn't have a Ferrari parked in a red plastic carcoon. It belongs to someone else... can't believe he let her drive it. She flirts shamelessly so as to get a chance to drive the exotic supercars owned by other people.

Bear is right... she is emblematic of a lot of spoiled women here.

That said, dust IS a major problem here though... and the carcoons are a fairly inexpensive AND effective remedy. There are different brands and versions and I've seen them around. I know one guy who keeps his BMW motorcycle in one. I'd consider one except it would just look kinda weird in my driveway. Maybe I'm being too self-concious about it.

I just can't believe with the car culture here that there are no garages!!! Heck, a few of us here have talked about starting a small villa development where all the villas are built around a 2-3 car garage.

Similar. But, the Carcoon looks like an "Everyman" version of the one she had... Her's was more like a Maseraticoon... Very upper crust.

EDIT: Your right, it's a Carcoon... But, looks like fancier model... You can't put a Ferrari in the same bubble as a Mustang :rolleyes:

Here's the video.

The biggest news in all these posts is that Danny uses Instagram. Who knew?!!?

With all the copy-catting the nouveau-riche do in their Middle-Eastern glamour capitals, you're right, why no garages, climate-controlled, with multiple air purifiers, cars parked on priceless hand-woven rugs? Maybe it's that once a car gets soiled, trash it, and time to buy another disposable exotic machine. Gray Poupon, anyone?

This is my take away from all of this! :rofl:

in the early 2000's my family lived in the UK and my father was the estate manager for an estate in windsor owned by an Arab shiek, Sheik Wallid Jaffali. man o man was his garage a 12 year old's (me at the time) dream! and i got to ride in most of them. even got to sit in the renault F1 he had. shame it had no engine or steering wheel.

what struck me though was the fact that although he loved cars, he didnt love them as cars, simply as things to own. quite sad really

With all the copy-catting the nouveau-riche do in their Middle-Eastern glamour capitals, you're right, why no garages, climate-controlled, with multiple air purifiers, cars parked on priceless hand-woven rugs? Maybe it's that once a car gets soiled, trash it, and time to buy another disposable exotic machine. Gray Poupon, anyone?

This is my take away from all of this! :rofl:

in the early 2000's my family lived in the UK and my father was the estate manager for an estate in windsor owned by an Arab shiek, Sheik Wallid Jaffali. man o man was his garage a 12 year old's (me at the time) dream! and i got to ride in most of them. even got to sit in the renault F1 he had. shame it had no engine or steering wheel.

what struck me though was the fact that although he loved cars, he didnt love them as cars, simply as things to own. quite sad really

I don't want this thread to paint a totally negative picture of the people of this region. The nouveau-riche (new word for me, thanks Bear!) are the same from all cultures I'd say. And the world is full of rich people who value items for the sake of possession rather than intrinsic value.

This pic...
237uaecruisers.jpg

...is from a drive with a Saudi and Emirati friend with their 40's. They get it. And there are many like them. I like them more than most of the westerners I meet here. =)

I don't want this thread to paint a totally negative picture of the people of this region. The nouveau-riche (new word for me, thanks Bear!) are the same from all cultures I'd say. And the world is full of rich people who value items for the sake of possession rather than intrinsic value.

This pic...
237uaecruisers.jpg

...is from a drive with a Saudi and Emirati friend with their 40's. They get it. And there are many like them. I like them more than most of the westerners I meet here. =)

totally get what your saying. its the same everywhere in the world, the uber rich very rarely appreciate what others do, simply bc there is nothing unattainable for them.

nice 40's, love that one in the middle :p

Ugh... that chick. She didn't have a Ferrari parked in a red plastic carcoon. It belongs to someone else... can't believe he let her drive it. She flirts shamelessly so as to get a chance to drive the exotic supercars owned by other people.

Bear is right... she is emblematic of a lot of spoiled women here.

That said, dust IS a major problem here though... and the carcoons are a fairly inexpensive AND effective remedy. There are different brands and versions and I've seen them around. I know one guy who keeps his BMW motorcycle in one. I'd consider one except it would just look kinda weird in my driveway. Maybe I'm being too self-concious about it.

I just can't believe with the car culture here that there are no garages!!! Heck, a few of us here have talked about starting a small villa development where all the villas are built around a 2-3 car garage.

You are wong, Gwasshoppew!!

No Instagwam in my world... I googled "Supercar Blondie Ferarri" and Instagram was the first entry... The Carcoon was center pic, fifth row.

Sorry I opened so many old wounds... Y'all were supposed to be looking at the "bubble"... Not the blond and not the Ferarri. :p

I'm amazed when you see the little rich boy riding on two wheels in his brand new Cruiser with the plastic still on the seats! I guess when he scratches it daddy will buy him a new one. (Can't seem to find the video at the moment)

I've been catching up on some of my favorite threads here in the 40 section... updated my 80 thread a bit... now I need to pay more attention to my 40 thread.

I've been tinkering with the 40... driving the 40... enjoying the 40. No questions about that. Just been neglecting MUD for some reason.

I love my @AdventureToolCompany gear and had a small gear bag set aside for keeping small items for the 40. Once I got the tags I needed I loaded it up.

258bag.jpg

It's got a tire gauge, spare fuses, some @davework spare JIS hardware, as well as some dizzy parts (condenser, points, rotor). This bag stays in the glovebox at all times.

259smallparts.jpg

Last November I took the boys out in the 40 to watch a nearby aerobatic demonstration...

260airshow.jpg

Followed by some fishing...

261fishin.jpg

They insisted on eating their dinner in the back of the truck. =)

262boys.jpg

When I did the rebuild on the truck I had the shop put in a BlueSea 12V socket below my RAM mount.

264lighter.jpg

It wasn't wired up yet. I had purchased one of @slcfj62 's Auxiliary Fuse/Relay Panels and had it mounted on the passenger side fender under the hood. Once I've wired up a few other accessories I'm going to redo the loom around the wires to clean it all up.

263fusebox.jpg

Voila!

265lighter.jpg

I also had the shop put a spot in my glovebox for a BlueSea dual USB charger. Got that wired up as well.

266usb.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom