For those shopping for gear fluids... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

mattressking

10 digits to freedom
Threads
After checking gear fluids in the truck, I realized it was a paramount concern to replace. Like everyone else, I decided to think about my options for fluids and after a trip to a few local places, I was shot down in my efforts to find GL4 for the trans/transfercase.

Now I get it, the manual says GL4/GL5. But I just can't justify running GL5 in the trans/tc. Is it fine? Maybe.

Having run BradPenn in previous cars, I decided to jump on a case of 80w90 for the trans/tc change. Reason I started this thread was mainly for awareness for those looking for fluids.

The best part about it is that it is offered in a case of 12 and I found it on Amazon for about $65 shipped. Thats two trans/tc fluid changes for $65. It's on the way, but I figured I would kick this over to you guys in case anyone wasn't aware. I figured by doing this, I would avoid the possibility of leaks with syn and while I need to replace the seals in tc and trans at some point, this was a cheaper option and still a quality fluid.

Here's a link for those that are curious. I used to buy my oil from theoilwarehouse but it seems Amazon has made it even easier to get ahold of it and free shipping.

Now to determine what I want to run in diffs....I love overthinking this stuff. :deadhorse:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom