for sale: 89 FJ62 with blown engine (14 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thanks for passing on that site. I checked out that site and all of the ads are pretty old. I tried to e-mail a couple of them a few weeks ago and din't get any replies back. You'd think that they would at least say that the Cruiser had been sold if nothing else.

Fj62...

Hi LandcruiserPhil,
I'm not sure if it is smog legal, since I live out in Tooele and we have no smog laws out here :D But, what I can tell you is that all smog components are in place with the exception of the flexible EGR line that should run between the exhaust manifold and the intake- I just have a threaded plug in the hole on the manifold currently. The exhaust is set up with dual cats, as well as the O2 sensors that are located right behind the cats. So, I would guess that if you were to install the EGR line, then all would be well. As far as pics go, I'm trying to figure out how to resize the ones that I have to make them useable online. I took them all on a 5 megapixel camera set at max resolution, and that causes major issues when trying to post them or email them.
Anyhow, I'll try to get some available asap.

thanks,
Chad
utahcruiser@aol.com

still got

Hey, I know it is an old post but is the FJ60 still for sale? I also live in Montana and am looking for a new rig. Thanks.

$1000 is a good deal if anyone needs a parts cruiser. Still, everytime I see pics like this, I'm glad I live in California. Did this Cruiser live near the ocean? I bought some parts from a truck that lived at the shore in New Jersey and they looked similar to this.

Mileage? what was the replacement engine? Pics? To load pics you can link to a picture hosting website or hit the "go advanced" button and then click on the mountain icon to paste in a url.

The body has 230,000 the engine has just under 45,000. It is a direct replacement for the FJ62...3FE (fuel injected). I'm having to borrow a dig. camera so I will not have picks until Wed or Thurs

Vermont is a salty place in the winter, what else can I say?

I really tried to make the pictures look as bad as possible so nobody would get the wrong idea. Mabye I went too far and should try a more salesman like approach. Just trying to be honest :whoops:

buoytech said:
Hey, I know it is an old post but is the FJ60 still for sale? I also live in Montana and am looking for a new rig. Thanks.

Yup, its for sale. I actually loaned it to a friend in Missoula for the summer shortly after I had put it up for sale. He fell on hard times but still needed transportation to get to and from work. Anyhow, got it back last week and would like to sell it as soon as possible. Where are you located in Montana?

in MT

I'm in Whitefish. I would like to see it if I could. Where is it in Missoula? How about a phone number too so we could arrange a time and day to check it out? You can e-mail me at brian.powers@centurytel.net

Need a Cruiser on the Cheap

My brother and I need a Land Cruiser to wheel in. Cosmetics don't mean a thing, as long as the frame and drivetrain are solid. We are looking for something extremely cheap that runs good(we can beg AND choose :cool: ). We aren't looking for a specific model, or trim level. I have a 95 4runner, and he drives an 89 PU, so the only prereq is that it perform(off road) equal or better than the trucks we have(both stock, fyi). They are our daily drivers, so we have to use some restraint on the trail, and when modding. We need something we can cut and strip down to the essentials. The right hilux/4runner/E-cab might fill this duty, so if you have one for cheap(less than 2k) then pipe up. IFS is out of the question though, we have our fill of that S*. I didn't mention a specific year because we don't care, any capable yota will be considered.

Thanks to the board!
Dub

Found One THNX to IH8MUD Forums!!!

FOUnd a great 78 locally here thanks to response on these boards. I tried for about a year and no luck, then within a month I find exactly what I was after. I will be upgrading to "silver star" today. Its at least worth 20 bones, hell I wouldv'e paid a finders fee.

FS: Super CLEAN CA FJ60 w/ Chevy TBI V8

1985 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ60 For Sale in San Francisco, Ca

Pics:

http://www.craigslist.org/sfc/car/44869775.html

Story:

I don't need to tell any of you how great FJ60's are....but you all now that horsepower is not their strong suit, and super-clean CA models with no rust are getting rarer evey year.

With fuel injection, this FJ60 runs as strong at 8000ft as it does at the beach, and it breezes through California SMOG checks. Also, those of you who have driven one with a Toyota H55F transmission know that the lower first gear really helps out with towing and with taller tires, and that the overdrive is great for the freeway if you have the power to go over 75mph.

This Landcruiser has fantastic power due to the fuel-injected V8, corners and stops confidently due to the upgraded and lifted suspension and shocks, and has a California original rust-free body with very glossy white paint. Looks great!

It is a very capable off-road truck and the 4 wheel drive works perfectly, but I have not taken it on hard-core trails because the body and paint are just too nice. I wouldn’t hesitate to jump in and drive to Colorado to go skiing like I did last winter. No problems! Unfortunately I am getting an SUV for a company car and cannot justify having 2 SUV’s. This Land Cruiser is far cooler than my brand new 2004 SUV, but that’s life. My loss is your gain.

Please see www.tlc4x4.com, a company in southern California which specializes in these trucks and see what they are asking for trucks in this condition. Much more than I, but I think they are factoring in all the labor. $30-40K for V8 powered wagons. Crazy. My truck is not as perfect as theirs are, I use mine regularly and built it for functionality. It is not freshly restored, but it runs strong and gets attention wherever it goes.

Specs:
1991 Chevrolet 350 TBI Fuel-Injected V8 Engine (Installed 20k miles ago with 30k on it)
(100% California SMOG legal …. Just passed recently at a test-only station)
Original White Body with Grey Interior with no rust
Original Blue and yellow California license plates
Toyota 5-Speed Overdrive manual transmission (Brand new at time of engine swap)
5” Lift with Shackle Reversal in Front for greater control and smoothness
Rancho RS9000 adjustable shocks
American Racing 15x8 Outlaw II’s with 33” BFGoodrich Mud Terrain T/A’s
Custom ARB style front bumper
(but minus the ARB headlight bars which ruin the classic lines of the truck)
Three Hella Rallye 4000 driving lights (BRIGHT!) hooked up to the factory dash switch
Receiver tow hitch for racks, race car trailer, or boat towing
Detachable Face CD stereo system with 4 speakers
Thule roof rack bars for surf boards, ski boxes, or load carrying.
Odometer shows 280k, but as you can see from the pictures, it looks better than most others with half that mileage.

Asking $12,900/obo
email me at: nonnenberg@hotmail.com
Email for more pics …. I love the look of this truck and have many to choose from.
Come drive it…you will be impressed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom