For sale 1964 fj45lv fj45-14452 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Here is the story. Friend of mine has truck for sale. As i have been told, originally from AZ and at one point of its life, driven regularly back and forth to Santa Cruz, CA. Running Chevrolet 327 with P/S, and Celica GT steering column. Transfer case not attached but with truck. Overdrive unit also, as extra lever in pics shows. Rear shaft directly off back of trans/OD. Brakes went out today as being driven down hill in prep for trailering. The floors in this are absolutely solid, front and rear. Only hack is trans cover was cut in half to aid access to levers. front door sills almost perfect, rear passenger sills with some rot, and sill under tailgate is rusting, all as per pics. Doors, upper rear window and tailgate all solid. Frame good also, and pressure washed recently to remove crud inside frame rails. New radiator, wiring cleaned up, new carb, and ignition items. Non factory front seats, rear not installed. No heater in cabin or blower motor but I have OEM units. Doors all work, right front needs hinge adjustment as dragging on bottom stike pad (u can see rust/dragging on pic of rt frt dr sill) . Tailgate and upper window also operating properly although latching of tailgate is maladjusted or something. Used leaf springs off vehicle to replace saggers in front & rear with new bushings in coffee can (pic #20). Not what everyone might want as not a stocker for sure. Body exterior i really did not get into, and do not know what is under paint. Mudrak did @ $2k work on this in last year or so. Price is $8.5k Photos are at:

http://s1050.photobucket.com/albums/s404/lk930/
http://s1050.photobucket.com/upload/albums/lk930/
Also these were in numerical order but loaded all over the place. I took pics of engine area, worked my way around truck to show floors, sills, tailgate, then overall body shots, and it all was structured, now a mess. If anyone knows what I've done wrong, please PM me and maybe I can learn something. I've done my part for what it's worth, now it is up to others. Hopefully, someone will take this to a good home.

To speak with owner, please call Jeff at 831 419 7881
034.jpg
002.jpg
021.jpg

Last edited:
Yes it is 1963 model that wasn't sold until 1964, hence the discrepancy between the VIN and the year. This is a rather common occurrence on early cruisers as many sat on dealer lots for a year or more before being sold. HTH

I am aware of the production/sale lag time. mine is 5/65 production sold as 67. I have not seen model year on other vin tags, mine has no date on it. I do have LC production date microfiche from Toyota. I put on here what registration/title says so as not to confuse people. thnx

Cool, I was just trying to help potential buyers, as there are a few LV items unique to the '63 model year not to mention this being the second oldest here on the site :beer:

Man, the gears in my head are spinning. Wha a neat place to start. For someone.

Good luck with sale.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom