Fog lights on a 4plus bumper (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Any recommendations on installing fog lights on the 4plus classic front bumper? The only holes it has looks like they’re designed for a winch. Seen photos online but can’t determine if there’s a bracket involved or new holes were drilled.

3312CFE2-B61F-4785-BC3B-4ADCA80B1B29.jpeg

I have same issue, was gonna weld on some tabs on the front

You can weld tabs on. I think now when you order a bumper you have the option of asking for light tabs. I'm still hoping I can get a bull bar style bumper from them soon. I was planning to get one last spring, but when I lost my job a lot of plans had to be shelved.

You can weld tabs on. I think now when you order a bumper you have the option of asking for light tabs. I'm still hoping I can get a bull bar style bumper from them soon. I was planning to get one last spring, but when I lost my job a lot of plans had to be shelved.
I emailed 4plus tech and they got right back to me - great customer service. He said that when dealing direct with them you can have them include mounting tabs. I got mine used so it was bare. He suggested mounting clamps would work. There’s a ton of options on Amazon so I’m going to go with that.

I have large HID on mine but too large and difficult to aim since they hit the loop. I bought some weld-on tabs from this place and will move the lights outboard where Dave put them on his truck.

1611515899368.png

1611516279746.png

I have large HID on mine but too large and difficult to aim since they hit the loop. I bought some weld-on tabs from this place and will move the lights outboard where Dave put them on his truck.

View attachment 2563711

View attachment 2563713

Every time I look at the 4plus bumper I wonder what round lights could fit in this area (marked on photo)...?
60 = round, 62 = square...driving lights gotta match the headlights, IMO.

03BA33CF-9580-4CAA-95AF-34285DDF32A6.jpeg

4" rounds, I think. When I move the Round lights I'm going to put a 10" light bar where the Rounds are now.

Make sure you post pics!

I emailed 4plus tech and they got right back to me - great customer service. He said that when dealing direct with them you can have them include mounting tabs. I got mine used so it was bare. He suggested mounting clamps would work. There’s a ton of options on Amazon so I’m going to go with that.

Has anyone used the Diode Dynamics or seen the comparison video? A friend of mine just got the pro fog in amber and they are SUPER BRIGHT. About 4" diameter.

Any recommendations on installing fog lights on the 4plus classic front bumper? The only holes it has looks like they’re designed for a winch. Seen photos online but can’t determine if there’s a bracket involved or new holes were drilled.

View attachment 2562419
I would upgrade those headlights to something more modern first. Makes no sense to have nice new fog lights yet have ancient and dim driving lights.

I would upgrade those headlights to something more modern first. Makes no sense to have nice new fog lights yet have ancient and dim driving lights.
yes - that's on the list of things to do. I read that it's a fairly simple conversion to LEDs

@MANUCHAO Great idea! Post pics if you do it. He went with the pros in amber with lens covers they are still extremely bright! Very happy with them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom