FJZ80 Factory Service Manual Reprint (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just wanted to start off by thanking all of the amazing members for their posts and guidance for the 80 series. I have an LX450 and have heavily relied on the detailed info found here to keep it running in great shape. The quantity and quality of information has saved me so much time and money and has carried me without having to have the factory service manual. One of the reasons I was so overdue on buying one was the high cost, even though I know it is ultimately worth it many times over.

I recently found an alternative source and wanted to share it here. Sorry if this has already been posted or is obvious (I tried searching first) but the 1997 OEM Factory Repair Manual is now being reprinted in full by a company called Bishko which apparently has the reprint rights. I was able to get a new bound and authentic copy of the FSM for about $67 through Rockauto including shipping and it arrived in about 3 days (they have a free shipping option for less). The part number for the 1997 model year is 10384:

More Information for BISHKO 10384)

Is this a black and white reprint like the ones from Helm Inc.?

@ srf18: This is black and white, with a color cover. I had seen the Helm Inc reprint but this one turned out to be about $25 cheaper.

@modsci: I didn't see anything specific in the AC regarding the Anniversary Edition, but unless the AC was different that year the diagrams and troubleshooting sections should apply.

@Tools R Us: I appreciate that the manuals you linked are "free" to view online and I have used that resource in the past. However, there is something to be said about having the manual in hard copy form. It's convenient to have the entire shop manual handy in the garage (vs viewing sections on my iPad or printing out sheets.) While it's true that one may never need every section, there is a time and cost in printing out pages. One of the nice aspects of having the whole thing together is a getting a more holistic understanding of the vehicle and I found myself flipping pages and reviewing sections that were helpful to know, whereas with PDFs I usually skipped straight to the content I was looking for. Either way, it's great you linked the PDFs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom