Wanted Fj80 front coil spacers (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Redgrrr

I have a problem with 40s
Threads
Website
dakotacruisers.com
I know they are cheap new, but looking for some used ones reasonably. And I'm a cheap ass, they will match the used lift I bought.

Help cure my stink bug please. Shipping to 57702.

I'll try here before I fork over for new.

Stink bug pic bump...

IMG_1404.JPG

That rig looks ready to rumble! Leave it be. When you load it, stinkbug go byebye.

I built a set of plates out of 1.5" plastic. They are holding up fine and did the job. I spaced the bump stop downward in the coil basket.

That rig looks ready to rumble! Leave it be. When you load it, stinkbug go byebye.

Thanks for the bump. I think I actually ditched weight with the rear bumper I made when I cut all the rear crossmember stuff out.

I'll add weight with a spare in the cargo area but that's about it.

Gonna build a tube/steel bumper up front and add a winch After I get some rock sliders built so I'm hoping to find some metal tech spacers. I actually was thinking about getting those 4" slee coils you just listed. I'll have to do some reading tonight and look at the spring rate. How many miles are in those. I assume they are from the 80 you rolled I read about?

IMG_1377.JPG

@80proof the tube is 2" .120 wall DOM and it has 1/4" clearance when the gate drops down on top of it. It's notched into the top of the frame and hard to see in that pic.

Oh and the front radiator support and fenders are gonna have a date with a sawzall SOON regardless so I can steer at full lock. I know I'm gonna add more weight up front so I wanted parts on hand after it's finished. I haven't done any castor correction till all the weight is on the truck was my intentions @baldilocks

Thanks for the bump. I think I actually ditched weight with the rear bumper I made when I cut all the rear crossmember stuff out.

I'll add weight with a spare in the cargo area but that's about it.

Gonna build a tube/steel bumper up front and add a winch After I get some rock sliders built so I'm hoping to find some metal tech spacers. I actually was thinking about getting those 4" slee coils you just listed. I'll have to do some reading tonight and look at the spring rate. How many miles are in those. I assume they are from the 80 you rolled I read about?

View attachment 1451846
You won't find any specs on the Slee springs. It's a secret. They are very nice springs and we accidentally found out they are made by Dobinson in AU. They are more HD than an 850j but because the wraps are closer together, they don't ride harshly.
FYI, I'm talking with another guy about the Slee springs now.

I bought them used. They were used for 5 years by the PO and less than a year by me because I went to a 5" spring. No rust and a full 4" lift. I have shocks too.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom