FJ80 Battery mystery, won't start nor stay running. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'm betting battery.

Jon, you want fusible links, or...?

Who wants terminals/cables, and who wants alternator?
I'm going to say, "I don't know" until some diagnosis has been done. But you have to start with the power source.

If your battery is bad, then it’s collateral damage. Also if the battery is bad (voltage good but can’t handle a load), someone needs a lesson on how to test batteries at you Toyota Dealership.

The fact that you can start/run the car via a jump almost certainly rules out the alternator.

If your dash lights don’t come on and your vehicle won’t start without a jump AND your battery checks out then it is almost certainly your cables.

It could not hurt to replace you fusible links, but I don’t suspect them being the culprit.

Another thing to note; if your posts/terminals/cables have been compromised for awhile, there is a good chance that your solenoid and starter contacts will need to be addressed. e.g. reduced voltage equals heightened amperage draw, increased resistance yields similar results.

Cheapest and most impactful and necessary items that need attention would be your terminals and battery clamps.

Cheapest and most impactful and necessary items that need attention would be your terminals and battery clamps.

New terminals should be here tomorrow. I work multiple jobs so should be able to source another battery on Sunday.

I got one but don't know how to post YouTube videos @CJF haha
You create a YouTube account.
You post a video to YouTube.
You copy the path of the video you created on YouTube.
You come back here, go to the section for replying to this thread, select the chain link looking icon slightly above where you're typing.
Then paste the link in the URL request and type in the title of what you want to call your video in the lower box. Then hit REPLY.

Viola', you have created and linked a video.

Yes, it works......

1700590261008.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom