Builds FJ80 2UZFE Tundra V8 Conversion pics and build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I think he meant STALKER :doh:

not sure what this trhead is about anymore so i'll risk some more amc tech...

after my landcruiser, the 72 gremlin i owned in highschool was the toughest most reliable vehicle I ever owned. It totalled two vehicles while I owned it (neither my fault) without suffering any mechanical damage/issues of any kind. first accident barely dented the quarter panel and obliterated an early 70s mustang that ducked into the parking lane to run a red as i turned left. second accident destroyed a new chevette and I had to replace a quarter panel for $60. just the quarter panel. the headlight and bumper was fine.

So, what is the latest with the engine? I am looking at pickung up a 94 LC and I am already looking at engine options.
What are the cost invovled in doing the Tundra V8 swap?
Could you have keep the stock tranny and transfer case?
Is it up and running yet?

I'd rather do this conversion than a Chevy/Ford engine. keep posting pics.

100s were availible overseas with solid axles and 1FZs? I never knew.

They are called the 105 series; pretty much everything else is the same except for the solid front axle.
Most of the LC's being converted by private companies to an armored version are the 105 series, as are all the models used
by the UN, Humanitarian organizations,etc

g

Bump...Any updates on this build?:beer:

er um I kinda got distracted and had a death in the family as well, i was in the hospital also.......UM why is there a pic of a gremlin in my thread:eek:!!!!

the cruiser is running not driving yet I had a head gasket go in my 3.0 4runner and decided to put a 4.0 lexus in it and do the solid axle swap at the same time so I got a wee bit side tracked but will post up some pics ASAP

for those interested here is a link to the 4runner solid axle swap and Lexus 4.0 build

https://forum.ih8mud.com/79-95-toyo...olid-axle-swap-92-4-runner-pics-write-up.html

I hope to get the 80 out soon and start driving it but I have to finish this one up 1st.

Last edited:
er um I kinda got distracted and had a death in the family as well, i was in the hospital also.......UM why is there a pic of a gremlin in my thread:eek:!!!!

the cruiser is running not driving yet I had a head gasket go in my 3.0 4runner and decided to put a 4.0 lexus in it and do the solid axle swap at the same time so I got a wee bit side tracked but will post up some pics ASAP

for those interested here is a link to the 4runner solid axle swap and Lexus 4.0 build

https://forum.ih8mud.com/79-95-toyo...olid-axle-swap-92-4-runner-pics-write-up.html

I hope to get the 80 out soon and start driving it but I have to finish this one up 1st.

Glad to see you are back in the saddle! can't wait for the pics!

So man, what is the status on the dang Tundra V8 80 ????? Any chance that monster will be at the local meeting this Thursday?

Any chance you will wheel it this summer?

Any chance you want to sell that thing?

:D

Hope to see you Thursday!

Wow! what a great thred. I want to do this swap into my 80. Extremetoy1 I hope you get a chance to update soon.

Bump!

update?

"L" is for Landcruiser, right???!

holy crap, I havent been here in awhile!!!!! LOL

:flipoff2: all you all!!!! im back!!!!, lots done will post em up this week. I did get an ARB bumper and...... a Lexus front grill n badge!!! the old 91 grill (tho the Landcruiser "bar" is cool) the lexus grille looks tons better and hey "Landcruiser" has an L too right?!

THANKS FOR WATCHING THIS BUILD!!!!!!!!! its running and driving, will catch you all up over the next couple weeks. and i see another 4.7 or 2 has been done. good job guys

drooling-drooling-demotivational-poster-1219516877.jpg

So how is the motor running? What kind of MPG are you getting? I have a 1uzfe sitting in my garage that i'm starting to think about...

Hmmm

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom