FJ70 series Body Assemblies and Parts -- We have full sets of parts, but do we have market here in US? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

tpclassic

Supporting Vendor
Threads
Hello,

This is my first time here, although I've been active on the FJ40 forum for a while.

I wanted to mention that we have complete sets of FJ70 series products, but we haven't yet brought them into our Temecula warehouse. I'm not entirely sure if there's a significant market for them here in the US.

However, if any of you are interested, please don't hesitate to send me a message. Our base is located in Temecula, California.

Here's a rundown of our FJ70 products.

Cheers, Tim
Topnault FJ70 Part List conv 1.jpeg
Topnault FJ70 Part List conv 2.jpeg
Topnault FJ70 Part List conv 3.jpeg
Topnault FJ70 Part List conv 4.jpeg
Topnault FJ70 Part List conv 5.jpeg

Since almost all of these parts are still available from a Toyota dealership (whereas your previous posts in the 40 series world cater to parts no longer available from OEM so any good option is better than no option), either here in the US or globally, the sale potentials will be the following:

1. Cost point for the end user vs. OEM (including logistics costs). OEM obviously more expensive in most situations.

2. Fitment vs. OEM (aftermarket body parts are notorious for poor finish fitment)

3. Quality of material vs. OEM. Tough to beat Aichi steel.

4. Thickness of material vs. OEM.

5. Finished product (after preparation and paint) quality vs. OEM (of course, lots of deviations and relatively here).

6. Quality of shipment/logistics of parts-- body/sheet metal parts are notoriously difficult to ship without damage).

7. After sales support. This is where an aftermarket can shine vs. OEM.

Good luck.
-onur

Exactly, I was going to say the main difference between the 40 and 70 - and a very important one - is that one can get many of these parts direct from Toyota. Maybe there would be a market in identifying the most common replacements - rear rockers, for instance - and having those in stock, on hand for people that need them for repairs. Or, finding the parts that Toyota no longer makes, and stocking those.

We need pieces for common rust repair areas. I just ordered 75 series front floor pans from Australia. I don't know for certain, but I'm pretty sure that part of the body is not available from Toyota and is a very commonly repaired area. Also lots of windshield frame rust in these trucks, but I only ever see fold-down windscreen sheet metal for sale, never the solid non-folding frame for repair. Troopy rear floor repair generic repair panels would be great - just a section of hill/valley corrugation that you could put anywhere.

I need to repair my windshield frame and was planning to fabricate the pieces as I can't find them anywhere. Also need to do the front floor pans and my front fenders. I did some extensive rust repair on the rockers last year and fabbed most of those pieces as finding replacement sections was difficult and no one had stock.

How about some back half doors to use when the FRP tops are off?

Down for a set of those in the aftermarket flavor.

Hello,

Focusing on 1984 - 1998 model year parts is an option. Older parts are either discontinued or becoming rarer.

Just my opinion.

Juan

Second vote for rear half doors.

Reactions: BCM

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom