Fj62 transfer case options (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi I'm hoping someone might know if there are any other options for a t case for my 1990 62. It's the stock tranny and case in it now, so I'm trying to find either another stock t case for it as well as a vacuum actuator, or whether there are any direct fit options. I'd appreciate any help. And if anyone has a t case they want to sell to me here in oshawa ontario I'd be interested in buying it.

I know the FJ60 manual operated split case works (modification required). Have you posted up in the club area on this board that covers your local area? Look in the clubhouse tab at the top of this screen and drill down to the area that fits your location. I would also look in the classified area for items "for sale". Your current transfer-case may be repairable ?

Last edited:
I know the FJ60 manual operated split case works (modification required). Have you posed up in the club area on this board that covers you local area? Look in the clubhouse tab at the top of this screen and drill down to the area that fits your location. I would also look in the classified area for items "for sale". Your current transfer-case may be repairable ?
Thank you

What are the issues with your current t-case? I have the front half + vacuum actuator from a FJ62 case if needed.
It's making some grinding when shifting and I'm not equip to work on parts that big really. So I want a shop to replace both parts entirely that way I don't have to worry about it. How much do you need for the actuator?

It's making some grinding when shifting and I'm not equip to work on parts that big really. So I want a shop to replace both parts entirely that way I don't have to worry about it. How much do you need for the actuator?

the people doing the work need to disassemble the transfer case to remove it. It would be just as easy to rebuild it as it would be to change it out.
You just need someone who has worked on these before or a smart guy with the FSM.
A good rebuild kit from 1 of the vendors, Cruiser Brothers or Cruiseroutfitter

Tcase is ALOT easier than a guy might think. as long as you can follow directions and use measuring devices. plenty of info on them here, and the FSM take all the mystery out of them, for the most part
For Sale - 40, 50, 60, and 80 series FSM for a hell of a price.
I personally like the vacuum actuator on my fj62s Tcase

check in with the clubhouse that covers your area as I mentioned. Likely someone local can provide some advice on who to see about repairs or evaluate if you need a new TC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom