FJ62 Accelerator cable length (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

cruisermatt

Un-manufacturable
Supporting Vendor
SILVER Star
Threads
Website
www.cruisermatts.com
Since the part is discontinued for both the 62 and 80, and mine is frayed enough for me to be worried, I've decided to find a suitable OEM replacement.

If someone who has one outside of their truck is able to take a measurement of how long it is end to end, that would be just great, thanks.

You need to play measurement, the ends detail and size also. These would narrow things down while looking.

I got a cable for an fzj80 a couple of months ago. Must have gotten one of the last ones?

FZJ80 (1FZ-FE) is apparently still available, FJ80 (3FE) is not.

Do any of the diesel engines utilize a cable? Or are they all linkage?

I remember hearing the 1HZ uses a accelerator cable, maybe the cable from an HZJ80 or 75 might work pretty well.

I should be getting the correct cable in tomorrow. I was sold the wrong one, it is a brand new OEM accelerator cable for a 62 so it should give you a good idea.

Since the part is discontinued for both the 62 and 80, and mine is frayed enough for me to be worried, I've decided to find a suitable OEM replacement.

If someone who has one outside of their truck is able to take a measurement of how long it is end to end, that would be just great, thanks.

Trust me replace it now before the throttle sticks like it did to me. That was a very scary experience and my mom almost forced me to sell the cruiser. :eek:

If it breaks it's not hard to rig up something through the passenger window.

I have a spare fj62 cable.

Although I need one, I'm trying to do this for the good of the community, not myself. Looking for a NEW part we can all use.

The HZJ accelerator cable, 78180-60160, appears to not be available in the U.S., @beno ?

Theres two instock at bill wright toyota in lancaster Ca. My dad called every toyota dealership in california and that was the only place that had them.

The diesel cables might be shorter than the gas versions due to the fact that most were fitted to RHD orientations. The HJ61 cable looked identical to the 80 cable, but was a few feet shorter.

I'd keep that in mind when looking for a diesel cable replacement.

Yes

3FE FJ80 cable is 63.25 from the firewall and 6" of cable on the other side, so 69.25" overall.

Dyno

Measurements from a throttle cable from an '88 FJ62.

Total cable length from stopper to stopper = 153 cm.
Cable diameter = 2.0 mm.
Housing length including threaded barrel and firewall piece = 135.5 cm
Housing diameter = 6.9 mm

DSCN6176B.JPG

Throttle body attachment - diameter = 6.8 mm; width = 13.0 mm

DSCN6172A.JPG

Pedal attachment - diameter = 11.9 mm; width = 7.0 mm

DSCN6177C.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom