FJ60 with highest miles? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I feel so inadequate... Rolled 209k this weekend on the trail with 33's so probably a bit more then ODO reads. I have no maintenance records of the vehicle before me as I bought it from a ghetto used car dealer in Phoenix AZ 8 years ago. It had 197 if I remember correct when I took possession. I've done most of the maintenance since and as far as I can tell no motor work has been done. It's leaky but still runs 70 mph in 4th at 3k RPMS. My Garmin GPS read max speed 82 mph. I'm sure a down hill helped with that.

I'm the third owner of my 87 FJ60. 278k and it's completely stock. V ery detailed oil changes every 3,000 miles, lots of proper maintenance and folder full of receipts. It's been very well maintained but it now has a burnt #5 exhaust valve.

I'm going to refresh the head back with OEM valves and springs, install a new headgasket and see if the oil plug has been replaced. Just preventative maintenance. Maybe a new water pump while its down, but it runs very cool.

I'd like to try and get to 500,000 miles on the 2F but that's more driving than my work schedule allows.

250,000 mi on my 87. I remember test driving one in 1987 at Stevinson Toyota in Denver; was gonna treat myself on my 30th birthday that year. Damn it! too expensive at I think was 18,000 list.

87...odo rolled this on my way to pick up kids last night.
20160104_173522_zpsknnwd4yz.jpg

Cruisers never really die. They just get older. (if you can turn a wrench and keep one going)

low mileage guy here: just ticked over to 130,000 on my 84'

Cruisers never really die. They just get older. (if you can turn a wrench and keep one going)

low mileage guy here: just ticked over to 130,000 on my 84'

Agreed. Just sucks that there is so much plastic in the interior unlike the 40s... That's going to be the only tough thing to replace in say 20 years.

166,000 on my recently purchased '87. All original, still "smogged" California truck. Meticulous records show head was rebuilt a couple of years ago. Just did a valve adjustment that fixed the low compression in #5 cylinder. Cruises at 70 MPH at an easy 3K RPM and gets 14 MPG regularly. Told the missus that it's the last vehicle I'll every purchase. Sold my '84 Toyota P/U two-owner (including me) to get the LC with more room for the two new family additions. Living in a small town in Colorado and work from home two days a week. Don't expect to put too many miles on it between now and when I kick the bucket. Trips to Moab, Zion, and throughout the San Juan National Forest notwithstanding, there won't be too many opportunities to add a lot of miles.

Can't explain (luckily here I don't have to do so) how much I love this thing only three months into ownership. Every time I get into it, I feel like I'm embarking on an epic RTW adventure. FJ60s forever.

all of them were between 121 and 128 except for #5, and it was at 60. I was convinced it was a burnt valve, but the adjustment brought it back inline with the others, which was a very happy result

85' with 234,000 with original plug. Love this rig its like a Timex, it takes a licking but keeps on a ticking!

Just hit 285k. 4th owner on this one. I've only beat the hell out of it for a year. Completely stock but not for long. Garage full of upgrades to drop in this summer. No intention of replacing the engine though! It's got minimum another 50-100k.

1990 FJ62 with 361K miles. Purring along pretty good after going through a lot of stuff under the hood.

Hey Kleatus I've got a blue 1990 K75S. Love that thing even if it's uncomfortable, high strung and a maintenance whore.

Eric

1990 FJ62 with 361K miles. Purring along pretty good after going through a lot of stuff under the hood.

Hey Kleatus I've got a blue 1990 K75S. Love that thing even if it's uncomfortable, high strung and a maintenance whore.

Eric
C'mon man, you don't love splitting the bike in two just to grease the driveshaft and clutch splines?!:doh: My biggest complaint is the windshield..
:cheers:

1983 FJ60
3rd owner
155,000 miles
Bought it at 152'ish on it's last leg. New head gasket, and a laundry list of fixes and maintenance items done over the last year.
Looking forward to another 150k - fingers crossed.

1988 FJ62, bought from original owner, 307k and counting. Just drove it from KY to CA 2,500 miles

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom