FJ60 Holley Sniper Conversion (2 Viewers)

The neg side of the coil needs to also connect to the factory tach or your AC will not work.

If I am not using the coil, will this matter? I've removed the coil and igniter combo. I don't have working AC currently, but don't want to rule that out in the future by wiring incorrectly.

MoaByte

SILVER Star
Then negative from the HEI. Sniper, and the tach/ac both need it.
(I accidentally hooked it up to the Positive and now my tach doesn't work anymore☹️).

Now I'm totally confused because I am not using the coil. I am only using the plug that the coil was hooked up to initially - and was going to just tie in the pink Sniper wire, and the BATT wire on DUI distributor, into a relay, and hook it up to that.

Here's what my intuition said - where have I gone wrong?

DUI Relay.jpg

MoaByte

SILVER Star
It seems okay... I didn't use the relay. What happens when you turn the key?

MoaByte

SILVER Star
The HEI has a coil too, it just on the dist. Cap. Maybe that helps to make sense.

I don't have it wired yet, that is why I was asking for advice. Wanted to make sure my intuition was correct before I did any wiring.

I haven't tried yet. Asked around in another Sniper thread, and got some different answers. Looking to wire it up like this, based off the feedback that I got. If I have issues, may throw throw the relay into the mix. This was the most straight forward, and simple.

DUI wiring part 2.png

MoaByte

SILVER Star
That is how I ran mine. Works fine . Except I have dedicated + and ground running to the Sniper from the battery thru the relay provided. Just to be clear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom