FJ60 Glass Lock-Strip and Door Seal Weatherstripping (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

So I installed the weatherstrip on the door seals.

VERY impressed. I took a couple videos on the highway to try and show the difference in wind noise before vs. after, but it turns out the GoPro just picks up the noise of the 12HT anyway.

But, having just driven 600+ miles on it in the past couple days, I am incredibly impressed with how much quieter the truck is now with the door seals installed.

Installing the door seals was a 1 banana job, at most. Each door took me just under 10 minutes. So, 45 minutes later I had all 4 doors and the tailgate seal strip installed. I did have to adjust the latch for the tailgate to make the interior light turn off, because the weatherstrip was holding the tailgate door well enough that the switch didn't think it was closed all the way. Also a 1 banana job, at most.

Good job Jason! I'm glad I've got another set waiting for my other 60 once I get it repainted....

Dan

So I installed the weatherstrip on the door seals.

VERY impressed. I took a couple videos on the highway to try and show the difference in wind noise before vs. after, but it turns out the GoPro just picks up the noise of the 12HT anyway.

But, having just driven 600+ miles on it in the past couple days, I am incredibly impressed with how much quieter the truck is now with the door seals installed.

Installing the door seals was a 1 banana job, at most. Each door took me just under 10 minutes. So, 45 minutes later I had all 4 doors and the tailgate seal strip installed. I did have to adjust the latch for the tailgate to make the interior light turn off, because the weatherstrip was holding the tailgate door well enough that the switch didn't think it was closed all the way. Also a 1 banana job, at most.

Good job Jason! I'm glad I've got another set waiting for my other 60 once I get it repainted....

Dan

Glad they worked well for your Dan. I recently changed the tailgate strip to a little smaller bulb to eliminate the need for the strike plate adjustment. Dad, got the newer version.

J

Glad they worked well for your Dan. I recently changed the tailgate strip to a little smaller bulb to eliminate the need for the strike plate adjustment. Dad, got the newer version.

J

It was the second set I ordered that I installed. So even then I had to adjust the strike plate a bit. But no worry, because I REALLY like how tight it all fits now. I drove the truck in some seriously heavy rain tonight--not even a little wetness got in.

10/10, would buy again. ;)

Dan

It was the second set I ordered that I installed. So even then I had to adjust the strike plate a bit. But no worry, because I REALLY like how tight it all fits now. I drove the truck in some seriously heavy rain tonight--not even a little wetness got in.

10/10, would buy again. ;)

Dan

WOW! you must of had a seriously tight lift gate. I've personally installed 3 of the bigger bulb style with no adjustment at all. Very snug, but close nicely. The bulbs will compress down in a few weeks due to the weight and ambient heat.

Thanks for the update Dan,

J

J,

Sign me up for the tailgate strip once the 70 series side mirror gaskets go into production. I need both.

HOLIDAY PRICING

DOOR WEATHERSTRIPPING AND REAR HATCH

Regular 6 piece kit price $245.00 SHIPPED to the lower 48

LOCKSTRIP

All glass lockstrip kit (windshield, side glass and rear lift gate)----- $43.00 SHIPPED to the lower 48

Weatherstripping and Lockstrips can be purchased individually as well, PM me for pricing.

Jason

I definitely want a set of both, I just don't have the coin at the moment (Too many other projects goin on and a new baby). Are these in danger of going NLA soon?

-Alex

Sweet! PM on its way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom