FJ60 gets an EROD and NV4500 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The need for speed! Odd to see an FJ60 move that fast.

So we had the crank position sensor calibration done today by the Chevy dealer. Doing its first oil change this afternoon and maybe a run on the dyno.

On the way back from the dealership, Cruisin along at 60mph in 5th (2,000rpms btw), drop it into 4th and stomp on it....holy crap! She gets up to 90mph right now! 😂 Hilarious looks from people since it is such a “sleeper”.

Racking up some miles now, once it’s broke in I will do a few WOT videos. 😆

Cheers

So we had the crank position sensor calibration done today by the Chevy dealer. Doing its first oil change this afternoon and maybe a run on the dyno.

On the way back from the dealership, Cruisin along at 60mph in 5th (2,000rpms btw), drop it into 4th and stomp on it....holy crap! She gets up to 90mph right now! 😂 Hilarious looks from people since it is such a “sleeper”.

Racking up some miles now, once it’s broke in I will do a few WOT videos. 😆

Cheers
They get down with a manual transmission

Does it still have the stock 3.70’s?

Didn't you have that landcruiser for sale a couple years back or did you buy it. Its ls swapped isn't it? A customer of mine was talking to me about buying it looks to be the same one.
I sold that cruiser in '18 I believe, and yes I did a 5.3 in that one. Doing an LS swap in a 60 right now for the wife.

I sold that cruiser in '18 I believe, and yes I did a 5.3 in that one. Doing an LS swap in a 60 right now for the wife.
Yep thatsthe one i just remember the green color was in Colorado i believe he was looking at it before i did his restoration and swap on his 84fj60.

Over 300 miles on it now.

23F141BD-CF47-4AE8-83C5-16EFEB6785BA.jpeg

Cheers

This part is awesome, how did y'all manage that? Just cut and tack or did y'all have to do a bunch of work on it?

Do you mean shifter or trans hump?

Both required welding, the shifter was grafted to the NV4500. Finished it off with a nice new OEM H55 knob.

Cheers

Do you mean shifter or trans hump?

Both required welding, the shifter was grafted to the NV4500. Finished it off with a nice new OEM H55 knob.

Cheers
Probably should've been more specific. I meant the shifter. Seems like most people just leave the NV4500 shifter on it and call it a day.

I'm putting an LS/NV4500 in my 62 now - using the Quick Draw bellhousing, so far a vastly better option than the AA bellhousing that I used in my 40. It catches all the LS bell holes including lower oil pan.
Uses an off the shelf Jeep TJ slave tucked up tight to the trans and all factory clutch parts including stock flywheel for a late model 6.0/5 speed Chevy truck. The AA bell on my 40 I had to get a custom flywheel and still had to screw around with different throw out bearings to get the release right...

They are advertising it a early NV pattern but it looks drilled for both and has a removable index ring for the earlier smaller bearing retainers.

It is 100% beef compared to the OEM GM bell or the AA piece.

View attachment 2716915

View attachment 2716919

View attachment 2716920

Just an update on this thread concerning v8 with manual trans swaps.

Marks now makes an adapter to go from an LS to the Toyota H151 5spd trans. Absolutely nothing wrong with an NV4500 but it does have the granny 1st. Better off-road vs the H151. H151 though is going to be longer so less issues with shifter into the dash vs with the NV4500. H151 feels “truck” like but is much more like an H55, better, as far as smooth shifting and shorter throws.

NV4500 is a full on heavy duty truck trans from the 1990’s. H151 or even the updated H152 could be used in its place for a more “Toyota” build and a bit better driving perhaps on the street.

Cheers

Its been a while since ive caught up on this thread, but have you looked at the TR4050? The shifting on it is waaaay better than the nv4500 and with the short throw shifter it feels almost as good as a newer T56. If i ever switch mine back to a manual im leaning that way

Last edited:
What is the trick to getting the wiper moto back in and synced. I painted my 60 and now the wipers are out of sync. i had a doner 60 and I took the wiper motor off to see how it all works. I couldn't get it back on with the wiper arms connected to it? Any tips are appreciated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom