FJ60 A/C Hoses (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Gents,

I am in the middle of resurecting my AC, and my hoses are just shot.

Contacted Beno, they are NLA.

so, I checked in my area (CO SPGS) havent found anyone who can fab lines or re-use my fittings and make new hoses..

anyone have any recommendations or ideas as to where i can get a good set made ?

willing to send my stuff out if needed.

cheers

I assume the metal fittings are fine, and i'd like to keep those original. I'll contact you

napa parts stores can do that (at least some of them) and I'm sure others and individuals can too. What happens is they basically cut the hose off the metal fittings and then re-use the metal fittings on a new hose for the length needed. Or sometimes like I did....one end of the hose has the toyota fitting and the other end has the GM fitting..... I have a 5.7 GM engine.

I think that one fitting that's on the hose that feeds the condenser on the passenger side is about impossible to find, but I'm sure alternatives can be fabbed up.

my comments are relative to my 87 FJ60. For others dealing with engine swaps.....I found a good solution on the a/c hose thing, to buy the GM hose that mates to the GM a/c compressor. Use the hose as is for marrying up to the GM compressor and then on the other end of the same hose get the toyota or aftermarket fittings that work to interact with the OEM toyota connections. THey'll chop off the ends and put whatever fittings you need. Some people may have the hydraulic crimpper needed to press the fittings on

^ Thanks, i do recall now that my napa store said they can do hydraulic type hoses.. i'm going to see if they can do AC lines.

Tagged for future reference.

I have a few spares laying around

OEM ones from the 2F

Had my hoses rebuilt by Cold Hose/Air Auto parts in Florida. Excellent workmanship. Cold Hose - AC HOSE REPAIR
Cold Hose invoice_Redacted.png
Total cost for 4 hoses and shipping was only $196.

I can check. I have a few. Just have to figure which one.

I need the line from the compressor to the condenser, do you have one?

I have this one which I believe is correct

8952E7B3-0BD9-4923-A313-CD2D925C3A6D.jpeg

62EEF87F-A4BF-44A1-BFBB-37CA7B6F6658.jpeg

0843BFE0-C2DE-41D8-B562-D23DDAE56AA1.jpeg

@Shes Mad everything looks the same except for the last pic, I have a flared end there.. any idea if that's compatible?

That I do not know

Assuming the problem is with the rubber portion of the hose, I can have them rebuilt, roughly $60 each + shipping.

+ 1 for @1972FJ55 He did my hoses and they are exceptional.

+ 1 for @1972FJ55 He did my hoses and they are exceptional.

Thanks! Unfortunately, I no longer work at Coolstream, when the owner passed his brother sold the business. The guys at Arizona Auto Refrigeration do great work.

Sorry to resurrect an old thread but does anyone know the thread pattern and diameter of the hose that goes from the ac filter to the condenser? I had some made by Ramshu in Reno but they don't fit...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom