Wanted FJ55 - Looking in Washington State (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'm finally ready to buy the 55 I've been building in my head over the past 25 years. I'm looking for something that I can work on while using it at the same time. The body condition can be a range of just shy of needing a transplanted roof to only needing surface rust cleanup.

Ideally I'm looking for the following years in order of preference. PTO winch is a big plus but definitely not a requirement.
  1. 1976 to 1977
  2. 1978+
  3. 1975-

The amount I will spend depends greatly on the condition of the 55 but anything over $6K will take some serious convincing for me to buy.

I know I'm a newbie but I am very serious about finding the right FJ55 for me and building it into something I'll never sell. I'll keep and eye out on this site but if you know of something kicking around in/near Washington I'd appreciate any help.

Thanks - Aaron

Facebook market place Snowqualmie.
$5000 for 2 fj55 projects

EC513713-50CB-4E77-B895-983E922E8FD8.png

Thanks Ben,
I'm not on Facebook (maybe i should signup). Is there any contact information you can forward my way?
Cheers - Aaron

Did you see this one in Seattle?

Did you see this one in Seattle?

I have seen that one. the guy sold it but hasn't removed the listing. Thanks for the heads up!!

Let us know how it turns out.
Good luck.
It's on my list to check out. I've talked to the guy and it could be a good option. Everyone in the cruiser community has been so great and helpful I've ended up with a good number of local 55's to check out. I will keep everyone updated as I make the purchase. Thanks for everyone's help. Keep the options coming as I'm targeting the 9th to buy if I find the right one..

I'm finally ready to buy the 55 I've been building in my head over the past 25 years. I'm looking for something that I can work on while using it at the same time. The body condition can be a range of just shy of needing a transplanted roof to only needing surface rust cleanup.

Ideally I'm looking for the following years in order of preference. PTO winch is a big plus but definitely not a requirement.
  1. 1976 to 1977
  2. 1978+
  3. 1975-
The amount I will spend depends greatly on the condition of the 55 but anything over $6K will take some serious convincing for me to buy.

I know I'm a newbie but I am very serious about finding the right FJ55 for me and building it into something I'll never sell. I'll keep and eye out on this site but if you know of something kicking around in/near Washington I'd appreciate any help.

Thanks - Aaron
Hey All,
I'm still looking for an FJ55. I've found a couple local pig; one was too much rust for the amount of body work i wanted to do. the other had a V8 conversion and some rust as well. I'm looking or a 2f or 155 engine, ideally a '75, '76 or '77. I do still have a couple leads I need to look at but looking for more examples to consider.
Thanks all!! - Aaron

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom