FJ55 - crosses the B-J block later tonight (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The link isn't working for me, but probably my computer. Let us know what it went for when it's over.

Thanks

Screen Shot 2017-01-18 at 9.03.52 PM.png
I can't get the link to work Ron. It's live on their website. Lot 546

The she went for 39,000 in the auction.

I thought it would go for much more then that.

Acording to the Barrett Jackson website it went for $42,900. Sounds pretty good for a nice stock '72.

I didn't crawl all over it but it looked pretty good in person. Grey steelies were painted or swapped with white ones for some reason.

IMG_9619.JPG

IMG_9631.jpg

2nd one that's gone for that amount :)

There's either a rare abundance of blue '72s with white wheels, or that Pig has transacted several times, as I know it was on the block when I was originally looking many years ago, I want to say, in the $25k range.

That said, regardless if that exact pig or its twin sister at that time, I recall thinking '$25k?? Hell, I can surely restore one for less than that!!' which ranks high on the list of the dumbest chit that my brain has ever rationalized, second only to thinking that 'taking a year off' between high school and college was a good idea, with a number of academic scholarship opportunities available.

If in as good a condition as depicted, $42.9 is a bargain.

Edited: ok, it'd be the third dumbest thing, because 'marriage means sex any and/or all the time' would have to the second.

I thought it would go for much more then that.

people who think FJ55s are cool are much more level headed with their cash than the 40 fad fashionistas...I think it's a good, fair price. frankly, I'm suprised to see them fetch so much. we're a pool of cheap-asses...

Absolutely correct Ron! That's why the auction cars are discounted. What's under that shiny paint?

people who think FJ55s are cool are much more level headed with their cash than the 40 fad fashionistas...I think it's a good, fair price. frankly, I'm suprised to see them fetch so much. we're a pool of cheap-asses...

Hey watch what you're saying. I resemble that remark!

After realizing I am not going to finish one to that standard in a year, price does not look so bad. But if I bought one, think of all the fun chasing parts, figuring out how things work, and of course all this dialogue on Mud-priceless!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom