craigslist FJ45LV for sale $37500 [NOT MINE] (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I remember this one popping up a few years back

00c0c_acaLeiuWYdd_600x450.jpg

NOT MINE

Toyota Land Cruiser FJ45LV-1964-vintage,antique,classic,rare

Toyopet! Did they abandon the Toyopet? I could swear they never stopped. There's so much to love about this, but the blind spot mirror on the left side might be my favorite.

I am terribly underinformed about the FJ45LV. My guess (confirmation anyone) is that the mechanics share much with the more common 40 series but is all the trim (interior/exterior) specific to the LV?

I would love to own an LV at some point. This one looks great - if a little pricey for the condition.

Any other general reputation they have for issues/reliability?

The mechanics are exactly the same as a similar vintage FJ40. But everything from the bulkhead back is unique. Toyota outsourced the body to a custom coach builder GIFU, so the body were hand built and share nothing in common with the FJ40. Making finding parts for the body or interior very difficult to say the least. Biggest issue with LV's is they had some body design flaws that made them very susceptible to rusting especially in the front floor pan areas and rear quarter/sill.

Spend some time in the 45 section here on mud if you haven't lots of good LV build threads in there and knowledge floating around.

The lv i'm in process of acquiring has the toyopet on the rear, so many cool things about these. Heck i haven't even picked ours up and am looking for another to help restore it!

I talked to this guy for a while, remember this truck selling before a couple times. Seems nice. He's not too far from me if anyone is seriously interested. Could run up and look at it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom