For Sale FJ45-LPB TAIL GATES (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Well the day came and a day early as projected. I got a gate in the last bunch and was over joyed with it. This bunch of stuff, gate and extra parts is amazing. I was a shop teacher before I retired and just love the craftsmanship of Kevin's parts he sent. Every piece is maticulassly done and I mean every piece. A job well done
Kevin and TNX again.
Best Regards
Skip Landon

Well that's a ringing endorsement!!

I am very pleased that you are pleased :bounce::clap:

Kevin

IMG_0876.JPG

Skip, it's silicone bronze TIG filler rod and one manufacturer that sells it calls it Everdure

It's like your basic brazing rod that sometimes has that greenish shield coating on it; the stuff you'd use with a gas torch. But this stuff has no shielding because you're using it with a TIG torch which supplies the sheilding gas.

It's mainly used (be me anyway) where too much heat would warp or shrink the workpiece. This stuff melts and flows before the melting point of the steel and will wick like solder into joints.

Skip, it's silicone bronze TIG filler rod and one manufacturer that sells it calls it Everdure

It's like your basic brazing rod that sometimes has that greenish shield coating on it; the stuff you'd use with a gas torch. But this stuff has no shielding because you're using it with a TIG torch which supplies the sheilding gas.

It's mainly used (be me anyway) where too much heat would warp or shrink the workpiece. This stuff melts and flows before the melting point of the steel and will wick like solder into joints.
Great, that is what the Dr ordered
Will go over to the welding supply and see if I can order some up.

Received my tailgate today. Beautifully made, well-packaged for transport, quick delivery. I'm a very pleased customer.

You truly are a master-craftsman and an all-around good guy. Thanks again, Kevin.

Hey Kevin
Received your shipment today unpacked it all the pieces came out in great shape, and of quality craftsmanship. Now the work begins. I only hope I can give the same attention to the surrounding area the same quality as you have with your pieces. TNX Again Skip

Glad I could help with your project!

ok ok I'll join the love fest... recently got my 3 hinge gate and am exceptionally pleased - beautiful work - thanks!

let me know when you're ready to move on to do a few more rear valences so I can buy one of those too

Hey guys, I have one tailgate available for sale!

Send me a message if you're ready and willing.

Kevin

Hey guys, looks like I will be making a small run of FJ45 rear valences.... these are the rear cross-members for the bed of an FJ45 in which the tail lights are mounted. I'll dig up a photo if I can. ETA is end of August (vacation wheeling coming up).

Please speak up if you need one. I will post this in the FJ45 classified section as well. done

IMG_0553.jpg
IMG_0554.jpg
IMG_0556.jpg

Is it possible to make a valance for the three hinge tailgate and later tail lights? I already purchased a three hinge tailgate from on the first batch. Also is possible to make the notch on the bottom edge for the rod that operates the spare tire winch?

@kunzma , noted thanks

@Living in the Past , yes, for you I can. I will need to make a custom program for the punch (or the laser if I end up moving it to the laser) but that is maybe 15min work.

Want the 2 of the 3)latch valance. And 1)3 latch tailgate.

Please. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom