For Sale FJ45-LPB TAIL GATES (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Same process with the rib on the back side:

IMG_7104.JPG

I finally hung up the banner @woody gave me ages ago :bounce:

IMG_7106.JPG

And here is a video of bending the hooks and stamping the stiffeners

Hey Guys!

I have shipped all tailgates (10) that had deposits and/or full payment. You guys know who you are cuz we've been in contact over the last few days.

I have all the parts done (other than I'm still welding and cleaning the hooks) and can assemble gates as soon as payments come in. The following is all the outstanding names of who expressed interest. If everyone who said they were gonna get one follows through I will have none left. In other words I am sold out.

In no particular order:

@cppilot one 3 hinge
@T-ridecruiser one ??????
@wileycoyote one 4 hinge
@Varty Yo one 4 hinge
@Bshaunessy one ????? and 3B mounts
@kellyo one 3 hinge
@loctite one 4 hinge
@enlesumr one 4 hinge (and a bunch of other stuff that's not ready to go yet)
@FJ45mudslinger two 4 hinge
@mikeyfj45 one ?????

???????? = I don't know which (3 or 4 hinge) style of gate you need and therefore cannot assemble it.

I will be assembling these over the next 10 to 14 days as payments are received

Thanks for all the orders!!

Kevin

Last edited:
IMG_2847.JPG
Have you considered making a replica of this gate to fit a 40 Series? Not an OE 40 Series gate...a stamped TOYOTA gate to fit the 40.

The Bandierente gates are very popular but impossible to find. A stamped Toyota gate with hooks specifically to fit a 40 tub would have a pretty large following, I think.

Here is a pic of my Bandi gate...I like yours better...

Yes, I have planned for some time to make a 40 rear gate with something stamped in it. I have not had the time yet to measure and design it though.

Yessir, US funds, awl-teq@telus.net

I need an address, obviously, and a contact phone number too for the shipping docs. Start or add to a conversation with me for that info though... don't post it here in this thread

Replied in a convo

Have you ever thought of a weld in stamping so a person could change to a later model FJ40 taillight, recessed into the truck bed rear, just a thought.

Have you ever thought of a weld in stamping so a person could change to a later model FJ40 taillight, recessed into the truck bed rear, just a thought.

Not sure I know what you are saying. Putting the tail light in the rear quarter panels in the body?

Pics from last weekend and this weekend. I have assembled and shipped a bunch of gates already and I have one gate available and not promised to anyone.

If you posted in this thread that you wanted a gate then I have one earmarked for you. If you have since changed your mind or the timing doesn't work for you anymore just let me know.

IMG_7112.JPG
IMG_7113.JPG
IMG_7118.JPG

Thanks to Bear I am out of tailgates again!

A couple from last night

Top rail spotted to skin

IMG_7123.JPG

Stiffeners go on next followed but the botton hinge channel. This is why I need to know the stye you require BEFORE I can assemble a gate. The last pieces to go on are the end channels or side pieces. Then a quick couple of TIG welds , a wipe down and packaging.

IMG_7124.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom