fj45 lpb lwb rear bed bows, canopy? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Bravo ! Very nice work.
How about some close-ups of the side pockets and the corner posts?

Photos

Okay I have a few.
The blind nuts were of a big help in the construction. The military bow corners used had nut plates already in them witch was nice. I had to use hard plastic strips (yard edging) to use as spacers between the wood and corner mounts but worked out nice. As you can see it is fairly simple to construct, and it comes off the truck in one piece. It mounts to the Toyota's front headache rack nicely keeping it very stable. I am going to install two 2" x 6' aluminum flat strips (or angel) on the L/R side of the LWB rail's to keep the cover fabric from rubbing off the paint when installed. Still working on the type of fabric material to use, TOP GUN (TAN) was one that was suggested as it is used on boat covers and is the best for UV and water. The people who are going to do the job unfortunately are back logged until the end of the month. Cost is around $450 to make the cover.
:meh::cheers:

6-9-20131-60 s 1.jpg

6-9-20131-60 s 2.jpg

6-9-20131-60 s 3.jpg

Photos

Some more
Cant get the page to look normal????

6-9-20131-60 s 4.jpg

6-9-20131-60 s 5.jpg

6-9-20131-60 s.jpg

Bows

:steer:
Hope this is a bit of a help to someone looking to do the same.

6-9-20131-80 s.jpg

6-9-20131-160 s.jpg

6-9-20131-80 s 1.jpg

all that TGS goodness.......

I used threaded clear vinyl for a year on my tube frame over the bed. Nearly tore loose on the Bay Bridge in a rain storm.....good times

I gotta picture somewhere

My take on the "high" canopy seen in the Middle East and Far East: Somewhere I have a photo of one of my trucks with a camel being transported in the bed. No canopy, no tubing, no canvas or vinyl. The camel is sitting.

With a standard height canopy, a camel could not be led into the truck bed, but the raised style canopy would work until the animal is seated and restrained. Or other livestock.

Another option might be transporting hay bales--as there are ample photos circulating with grossly overloaded FJ40s and FJ45s used as mechanical mules hauling tall loads, hauling crowds, and yes, hauling crowds hanging onto the top of those tall loads !

While Toyota did offer a "stake-bed" option for their pickups, likely the "high" canopy hoops are a local creation/modification due to local need.

Any rear seat/benches--maybe to transport the Asian farm workers imported to do the work once done by the resident population?

Just my 3 cents <------------inflation, ya know.

My take on the "high" canopy seen in the Middle East and Far East: Somewhere I have a photo of one of my trucks with a camel being transported in the bed. No canopy, no tubing, no canvas or vinyl. The camel is sitting.

With a standard height canopy, a camel could not be led into the truck bed, but the raised style canopy would work until the animal is seated and restrained. Or other livestock.

Another option might be transporting hay bales--as there are ample photos circulating with grossly overloaded FJ40s and FJ45s used as mechanical mules hauling tall loads, hauling crowds, and yes, hauling crowds hanging onto the top of those tall loads !

While Toyota did offer a "stake-bed" option for their pickups, likely the "high" canopy hoops are a local creation/modification due to local need.

Any rear seat/benches--maybe to transport the Asian farm workers imported to do the work once done by the resident population?

Just my 3 cents <------------inflation, ya know.
This is back in 2014 when I visited the UAE

IMG_1553.jpeg

IMG_1552.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom