FJ40 Fuel Pump Rebuilt Kit (Prior Group Buy) (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Cruiser Cult

Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
cruisercult.com
Hey Everyone!

We are excited to launch a group buy for high quality Japanese rebuild kits for the FJ40 mechanical fuel pumps. We wanted to go for a group-buy format because we wanted to offer a discounted price to mud members! Toyota stopped selling the rebuild kits for these pumps. We are very pleased to offer these affordable and complete kits to bring your pump back up to perfect working order. The kits include all new rubber diaphragms, main spring, rubber seal and spring land, and new valves and valve gaskets. Kits for the earlier pumps also come with a new pump rocker arm. The kits come in two options. A: 1958-1968 and B: 1969-1979 . Note, some of the later pumps (75 and up) have non-replaceable valves. Thankfully most times valves can be cleaned up to good working order.

Pre-order Group Buy is now closed and we have these in stock on our website for $65 per kit.

You can order the kits on our website-->
Cruiser Cult Web Site

03D003DD-3278-4674-A8BE-9B8F9D9A8FF3.jpeg

3AE9EF9C-D6BD-43F6-B320-36D03B3E38EC.jpeg

Last edited:
I ordered two sets. I tried to use your OPT OUT link to say I don't want you to sell my info to anyone, but it says it only works if I am in California. Would appreciate it if you don't sell my info even if I am in Texas.

2 ordered. Thanks for the work getting these kits!

I ordered two sets. I tried to use your OPT OUT link to say I don't want you to sell my info to anyone, but it says it only works if I am in California. Would appreciate it if you don't sell my info even if I am in Texas.
Hi there, thanks for the support! We are 100% focused on Land Cruisers and we have zero desire to sell anyone's personal information... ever. That opt-out link is standard for shopify due to privacy regulations now, it was not an option we chose to add in. Rest assured. :cheers:

Thank you everyone for the orders so far. We are excited to bring these kits in. A few days left before we place our order! :D

Is the main diaphragm/spring subassembly (at 10:15 in the video) the same for both versions of the kit? I have an unopened NOS bag with the smaller upper diaphragm and the two replaceable valves/washers/retainers/hardware, Toyota Part Number 04232-60061. And I have an aftermarket main diaphragm/spring subassembly. I was wondering if the two were compatible for use on the earlier pump.

As far as I can tell the springs are the same. Height and diameters were the same. I measured spring rate between the kit and the original NOS early spring and they were the same, but I didn't compare spring rates between the newer and older kits. But I would assume they are the same honestly.

As soon as the kits land here stateside I can measure spring rate between the two if you like.

Do you know if this kit would work for a 1979 FJ45. Presume it would since it has 2F stock engine but thought I’d check. Thanks in advance. Cheers.

Do you know if this kit would work for a 1979 FJ45. Presume it would since it has 2F stock engine but thought I’d check. Thanks in advance. Cheers.

Does the pump look like the style in the photos above? Or does it look like this one?

If it is the style below they are not rebuildable and this kit would not work for you. They are still available from the manufacturer.

610ECDA8-B66F-42ED-B492-B3B8659143BC.jpeg

Does the pump look like the style in the photos above? Or does it look like this one?

If it is the style below they are not rebuildable and this kit would not work for you. They are still available from the manufacturer.

View attachment 2960935
It is definitely rebuildable. I’ve taken it apart to clean out some old gas a few years back and while it still pumps in it’s current condition, I noticed the diaphragm showed some signs of deteriorating so wanted to be proactive.

It is definitely rebuildable. I’ve taken it apart to clean out some old gas a few years back and while it still pumps in it’s current condition, I noticed the diaphragm showed some signs of deteriorating so wanted to be proactive.
Are you saying you have taken apart a pump that was pictured in the last post? Have any pics of the inside?

I didn’t take it all the way apart, but here are pics of the top plate removed.

View attachment 2963047

View attachment 2963048

View attachment 2963049
Oooh, you meant you had the older type. When you said it was rebuildable I thought you were referring to the late model 2F pump. The one you pictured can absolutely be rebuilt. Our kit will allow you to replace the rubber diaphragms. The 4 valves in the later pumps are not replaceable… but they usually don’t go bad like the rubber.

Our 1969-79 fuel pump kit restock finally arrived from Japan! Waiting orders will be fulfilled shortly. Thanks all for the patience. :cheers:
IMG_7096.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom