FJ40 EXTERIOR REAR VIEW MIRRORS (OEM TOYOTA) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

OGBeno

23303-56040
GOLD Star
Threads
Hey Guys/Gals:

I don't normally post in the 40/55 section mainly due to the fact that I do not own either of these vehicles, but I did want to present some part information for folks here so that current, relevant information is available.

I've received many inquiries regarding OEM exterior rear view mirrors. Since there were a number of different iterations, I ordered all of the currently available parts so I could have them stocked and ready for clients.

So, here is the breakdown....first in pics. (since we all like pics). I'll then post each of the versions with applicable year ranges.

IMG_5716.JPG

IMG_5717.JPG

IMG_5718.JPG

IMG_5723.JPG

87901-60011: Haven't found conclusive evidence that this iteration was for the US market. I've seen them on BJ42's and a few other non-US versions.

A real nice mirror with black rubber gasket/frame. Metal body.

IMG_5719.JPG

IMG_5724.JPG

There is one more part number: 87901-55011 which indicates as a "convex type" for OEM soft top/soft door vehicles. I have ordered a set of these, but they have been back-ordered for quite some time. I hope to post a picture of these as well once they are received.

There are a few other part numbers that I just cannot get in the US pipeline: 87901-90302, 87901-90305, and a couple of others that are either discontinued or verbotin.

Hope this information helps.

Thanks!
-onur

Hi Beno
Mirror 60011 I do recall seeing these on Australian issue 40 series. years ?
Nice looking mirror .
Being fairly new to this site I believe you are Mud spare parts man that works for Toyota ?
In saying that do you think that Toyota Australia can get a pair of these mirrors for me ? Or can I get a pair from you.
If the later how do I make contact?
Are the arms / mirror holder still available ? If so would you kind enough to post part numbers.
Cheers

...via IH8MUD app

Nice write up Onur. I will add the small round mirrors go back to 9/67, first month of the 68 model. Toyota's system only goes back to 3/69 but those were used earlier. Need to take inventory of what I have. Know I have a couple of arms with broken or worn out attachments Point mirrors. Didn't realize both round ones were still available.

I was going to do the mirror arms in another thread.

Most FJ40/45/55 parts now need their own threads IMO. Too many variations, supersessions, and discontinuations.

Good idea.

Word of warning..

Corner splitting occurred within 1 month of installation when I purchased a pair of those 90303 mirrors (OEM and purchased from Toyota NZ):
Mirror01.jpg

But then my BJ40 is left permanently out in the weather (so you may have better luck with them in a less-sunny climate where you have yours garaged).

PS. I can't remember if this photo is of the originals or of the replacements. (But I do know I was so extremely disappointed with the replacements that I converted my arms to wearing Britax mirrors very soon after.)

Last edited:
87901-60011, should be correct for mid 60's US spec FJ45LPB, maybe others(but think non removable top short bed got round). Also used on latter non US stuff. I like this mirror head the best.

I use that mirror head on my 64 FJ45LV OEM fender mirrors

same here, I bought new ones from Toyota 10-12 years ago, think within a few years they started to split at the top(or maybe bottom) My 82 is kept under cover most the time. Original mirrors(1982) had the same issue(but had busted glass)

Word of warning..

Corner splitting occurred within 1 month of installation when I purchased a pair of those 90303 mirrors (OEM and purchased from Toyota NZ):

But then my BJ40 is left permanently out in the weather (so you may have better luck with them in a less-sunny climate where you have yours garaged).

PS. I can't remember if this photo is of the originals or of the replacements. (But I do know I was so extremely disappointed with the replacements that I converted my arms to wearing Britax mirrors very soon after.)

Have any inside rear view mirror info? Not sure the one on my '78 is what it cam with..............

Have any inside rear view mirror info? Not sure the one on my '78 is what it cam with..............

Yes, still available and will be discussed in another thread.

Like I said, most of these old parts/assy's now need their own threads due to the long period of time between manufacture and, well, now. :)

There are a lot of other parts people have contacted me about that I want to discuss in terms of availability, fitment, and other part system quandaries.

I hope others can assist since, as I said, my knowledge is based from catalogs, dusty parts and late night phone calls with Poser!!

:)

Interesting about the plastic mirrors not holding up. Wonder if they a NOS that are that old. Two sets I have are cracked ans was thinking of replacing them.

Interesting they dropped the 10/70-1/75. They were used longer then small ones. Longer on the 40 series then the large ones. Were these used on the 55 series? That would explain why the 7/80 date.

Check the three different round mirrors. Small was around 5 1/4". Medium (NLA) around 5 3/4". Large 6".

PM me onur when the plastic convexed mirrors come in.Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom