FJ25 Fuel Sender Compatibility (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Archie 1962 FJ25

Autocrat
Threads
It seems fuel sender is shot on mine, so looking for a suitable option.

1) Can a new one still be sourced?

2) Any other later year sender will work?

3) Is there any number or marking stamped on OEM sender? (Mine is covered under paint and nothing is visible)

Thanks in advance.

There used to be somebody on ebay selling "1974-1978" senders with a screw terminal on top (great fit so you don't have to cut your FJ25 harness). They actually work on the FJ25's, you just have to bend the rod to get it to be accurate for the FJ25. I don't see them on ebay anymore so I'm assuming he got too many complaints that they don't work with the later trucks as described.

Found it:

1974 1975 1976 1977 Toyota Land Cruiser DFJ40/FJ45/BJ New Gas/Fuel Sending Unit | eBay

Not sure if that's the same guy I got mine from, but it sure looks the same.

There used to be somebody on ebay selling "1974-1978" senders with a screw terminal on top (great fit so you don't have to cut your FJ25 harness). They actually work on the FJ25's, you just have to bend the rod to get it to be accurate for the FJ25. I don't see them on ebay anymore so I'm assuming he got too many complaints that they don't work with the later trucks as described.

Found it:

1974 1975 1976 1977 Toyota Land Cruiser DFJ40/FJ45/BJ New Gas/Fuel Sending Unit | eBay

Not sure if that's the same guy I got mine from, but it sure looks the same.

Thanks a ton, placed an order from your link. Although I am still interested in getting more info on OEM sender, such as make, any numbers stamped on housing etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom