FJ-60 Custom fenders (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Huk

Threads
Hey guys! Has anyone done custom fenders on an fj60? Don't get me wrong, I love the classic land cruiser look but people are seeming to charge an arm and a leg for replacement fenders. XD

Being a college student, my project e30(my daily) is really reaching more of a finished product for me and I bought an 83 fj60. Thing is a rolling death trap at the minute with it's suspension but she holds together pretty well.

Back to the main point. One of the owners got the front pretty gnarled up somehow and both the front fenders are pretty messed up from the rear of the wheel well forward. (Still a clean title!) Being on a limited budget I was thinking of cutting off the mangled part of the fender and follow the body lines with tube steel. Then weld it it all together and make it stick out further to not only make it look aggressive as hell but also to stop all that water hitting my windshield every time I drive through a puddle. I'm thinking either between flat fender(jeep style) or just make it curve out further. I've seen this all the time on wranglers but I can't find one picture of it on the internet on a 60. Let me know your guy's opinions and if you want I can post some pics.

It's either aftermarket steel or finding a decent pair used from a partout. The rest is whatever you want to do with a welder or fiberglass.

No one has really dabbled outside from OEM, no real market for it. These aren't tacos or silverados with long travel.

Cut it up and see what happens, the fenders are beat already from what it sounds like. Downside is when you have relatively stock bodied truck, the mods to sheet metal normally look really out of place.

Much like adding rocket bunny flares to 17x9, +30 wheels. :)

You do have a point. Might as well cut them up for fun lol, just have to get my hands on a welder.

I've always liked making my rides unique in some way(probably why I love this damn truck), so as far as standing out I probably won't be too worried.

Now you got my mind juices flowing though. I could try and make it a theme on her, part of my front bumper(I have no idea where it's from but it restricts me from putting the original valence which is also missing on there) has black tube steel. Maybe with part of a tube steel front bumper, tube steel fenders, make a tube steel rear bumper, and maybe a roof rack. I could make it all match together.

Then i'd have one pimping cruiser. Haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom