Builds FJ 45 Extended Cab Custom Vehicle Build Finally Begins (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I don't remember the part about the V8.:rolleyes:

:cheers:

I have the 2F but I'm still thinking.

I would like to go with the 2F but it is out of an 84 FJ60. IIRC there are alot of things that plug in that I do not need unless pretty much use the 84 FJ60 wiring harness, cat, smog stuff, etc.

Here are some more pics of the parts and pieces.

The bottom one is the kids playing in the new cab.
The first two pics gave me a kink in the neck;)

Great project, I thought that was what the extra cab was for, a Beagle seat. Now you just need an African grey to sit on your shoulder:D

Just for reference.....what parts on this mongrel actually came from an FJ45:lol::lol::lol:

It still looks more like a shrunk FJ40 to me. I know........fawking purists.......

That extended cab was a MAJOR score. Still shaking my head on why that guy 'got religion' and let that thing go. Anyways, I think I'd leave that exactly as is until Don is done; once the cage is done

that's what i thought when i bought it from him intending to keep it for myself as a "shop truck project".

i'm far from being religious myself. i did'nt think he was but when we talked about it a little he seemed genuinely happy with what we was doing and really looking forward to spending more time with that interest. so more power to him. at least the x-cab ended up in capable hands and with a happy home. :beer:

Just for reference.....what parts on this mongrel actually came from an FJ45:lol::lol::lol:

The head lights. :D

I really like these rigs. I'm not a real big person but the regular 45 cab is just to small for me..
FJ45XTRA.jpg
FJ 40 45 Done.jpg
Lizard.jpg

Last edited:
the green one pictured is currently on ebay.......

nice edit btw; did you actually call jack a purist?!

bawahaha

bawahahahahahaha

too funnay! :lol:

nice project!! Are you going to shorten the frame? If not what is the 60 wheelbase?

Thats going to be sweet!
I'm doing something similar right now, but had to stop for lack of a needed part, which I hope to get soon. I didn't extend the cab as far back as you did, and I'll be running modified stock running gear. Later model FJ40 axles, 2F, 4spd, splitcase
What are you going to do for a bed? I still haven't figured that one out yet.....

sweet, that is going to be a grate looking truck. The cab is done nicely, very clean. :D will the back have a hatch or a window?

I like the look of the green one, we dont get many 45s down in this part of the world they look good.;)

Dump that 2F though, wasnt the ark powered by a 2F?;p

I've been thinking about doing that for years, I just need one more truck to do it with,and some more space,time and money.:D I'll watch you build yours and live my dream through your buildup.

nice project!! Are you going to shorten the frame? If not what is the 60 wheelbase?

With a regular 45 Cab I was going to leave the FJ 60 wheel base stock. With the extended cab it will have to be moved back a bit.

It has to look "Right" when complete. I will decide where to put it when the actual cab is mounted.

I like the look of the green one, we dont get many 45s down in this part of the world they look good.;)

Dump that 2F though, wasnt the ark powered by a 2F?;p

dont know where you been looking, but theres a fair few of them around, about 5 on trademe when i last looked, and i see one at least every day..

I'm hoping to have it done in time for Katemcy 2008.

That would be Great Dan.. Just don't be a lazy butt like Georg and Git R Done!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom