Builds FJ 45 Extended Cab Custom Vehicle Build Finally Begins (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'm going to mount the 2F and H42 so everything will be in it's correct place. (hopefully this weekend).

It is then going to FC Fabrication for a Roll Cage. Don is going to build the cage so it ties in with the body mounts that he is also doing. It is then back to my shop.

I'm going to mount the 2F and H42 so everything will be in it's correct place. (hopefully this weekend).

Welcome back from the dark side.:)

Katemcy 2008?

CARAVAN!:bounce::bounce:

Had a really busy weekend.

I stripped and pulled the body off my 84 donor rig.

I steam cleaned the frame and power train. I cut off the body mounts that were not going to be used. I installed the H42 transmission and drive shafts, etc. The engine is about 80% installed. The tub is sitting within an inch of it's permanent location.

I also worked off quite a few things on my "Honey Do" list.
DSCF2060.jpg
DSCF2059.jpg
DSCF2055.jpg

One last one.

It was dark out last night and I could not get the engine to set in place properly.

Instead of muscling it I decided to quit on it. I'm glad I did. The input shaft for the tranny is cocked up and holding the bell housing.

There is no clutch assembly since this still in the mock up stage.
DSCF2062.jpg

you certainly have been busy!!!! I'll be watching this one.

Dan, if you need help on the 'desmog' I might be able to swing by on the way back from the 45 run for a bit. No use fighting the Labor Day crowd over the grapevine anyways.;p

Dan, if you need help on the 'desmog' I might be able to swing by on the way back from the 45 run for a bit. No use fighting the Labor Day crowd over the grapevine anyways.;p

That would be great. Georg is allowing me to take the 40 on the 45 run so I'll be there as well.

Since things were not lining up for the mock up, I pulled the engine tonight and installed a new LUX clutch and pressure plate.

My wife helped me reinstall the engine correctly.

Damn she is a sweetheart.

I kept laughing at her launguage.

"The shaft thingy is not in the middle if the hole with the finger thingies around it."

And

"The fork looking thingy is loose and poking out the side where I put my my feet, how do I tighten it up?"

For those of you that have ever installed a new clutch assy, you know exactly what I'm talking about.

LOL!

Gosh I love her.

Here is why. Just look at the rear of the door line.

Pic #1
Look at the orange line at the rear of the door on my FJ40 and look at the seat placement. The orange line is my broom handle by the way.

Pic #2
Here is a standard FJ40 bobbed to an FJ45 cab. Just imagine, if you will, how hunched up over the steering wheel I would be. There is just no room.

Pic #3
This is the same side profile of the FJ45 Extended Cab.
New Beast001.jpg
New Beast004.jpg
New Beast002.jpg

very cool dan!!!

looking forward to seeing the rig at our shop. hope i don't get bummed out that i sold it to you......:rolleyes:

either way, this thing is gonna be super sweet! :cheers:

lemme know if you need a place to crash.:cool:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom