Builds Fix'n up the Land Cruiser..... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Don't forget to do the engine mounts while you're in that deep! Everyone that did the turbo has said that was the one thing they should have done and didn't think about.

You might be surprised at how hard and cracked the engine isolators are. While the head is off you have more clearance between engine and firewall which will allow you to jack up the front of the engine higher making the isolator swap easier not to mention all the new found room you now have. The trans mount is also called an engine isolator so there are three altogether.
Ordered. Thanks for the push. 🤙

My back is loving this part. 🤪

20210603_135156.jpg

What did you use to clean? Looks fantastic!
Thank you.

~Forney brass hand brush, small and large
~PJ1 Super Cleaner
~Shop Vac
~Razor blade scraper for gasket on block
~Hours and hours of patiently scrubbing and a few cuss words

I will clean again when tape comes off and scrub the block Iron to a final state. I had a handful of extremely dense carbon spots that I took a VERY dull flat blade screwdriver to. I would gently apply pressure to fracture those areas, then follow up with the vacuum, brush and cleaner again. There was no way they would have come off, had I not done so.

🤙

Last edited:
Valve cover and upper intake will take a bath when the head goes out.

20210616_161548.jpg

I have been pondering this. The list of projects keeps growing while I am in here lol. Never thought I would be replacing all the steering hoses, but when you are cleaning and see how empty the bay is, it just makes sense.
Do the High PS hose. I replaced mine with Gates. I heard Rein is good to. Otherwise OEM if you loaded $$$. I'm all for OEM everything 99% of the time. But I opted for cheaper and its been working good so far with my hydro assist setup.

Do all PS hoses while its easy now! See my Crawler80 build thread for my PS cooler set up with the derale and PSC resv. I wish I did that for my Turbo80. Thats the only thing I neglected to do on my Turbo80. High pressure and Derale and PSC resv. I will one day.

Otherwise def do the engine isolator. It's much easier right now with no head in the way.

Looks like you were up to signal peak. How are you liking those tires so far. On my Dodge they grip in the rain up here in PNW. So far they are wearing slower than the Duratrac’s I ran before.

Do the High PS hose. I replaced mine with Gates. I heard Rein is good to. Otherwise OEM if you loaded $$$. I'm all for OEM everything 99% of the time. But I opted for cheaper and its been working good so far with my hydro assist setup.

Do all PS hoses while its easy now! See my Crawler80 build thread for my PS cooler set up with the derale and PSC resv. I wish I did that for my Turbo80. Thats the only thing I neglected to do on my Turbo80. High pressure and Derale and PSC resv. I will one day.

Otherwise def do the engine isolator. It's much easier right now with no head in the way.
Yup! Already have low and high hoses in the parts pile and a Derale cooler. Mounts already ordered also.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom