Fixing fender flares (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
When mine broke I cleaned them up real well, scuffed the mounting tabs and flare up with sand paper, then used a construction adhesive to glue them back together. I used Liquid-Nails Fuze IT, other products might work well too.

Not related to your question, but what does the "Na Berlin!" decal mean?

It takes a little practice, but the flair mounting points that are damaged can be repaired with "plastic welding". Similar to TIG welding.

It's a sticker that refers to WW2 meaning literally "To berlin" that's where the soviets defeated the Nazis on May 9
Yes, we bought the decal in Vladivostok when we were traveling last year and this sticker gave us a lot of problems in Ukraine :(

3M makes several fat setting plastic adhesives that work great on 80 flare tabs. Being able to build up a fillet makes the repair stronger than original.

Same thing happened to me. I used a 2 part 3m product similar to below. Scuff the mounting area, Cleaned with rubbing alcohol. I think I had about 15 min of working time and cured in 24 hours. It seemed stronger than before and its been 2 years.

Amazon.com: 3M 34240 Semi-Rigid Plastic Repair - 50 ml: Automotive

Prep is everything.

I used 60 second high strength multi-purpose epoxy to glue two halves of separate flares together to make the extended rear flares after my rear fender trim...well over a year and some moderate abuse and they're still going strong...it was just epoxy from Walmart. Basically any fast setting high tensile strength epoxy and some thorough cleaning and light sanding will do the job. Maybe saturate some small precut strips of fiberglass or an old shirt and use it to strengthen the points after they have been glued back on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom